To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Recently upgraded to family plan - having problems syncing

Options
Bigroaddriver
Bigroaddriver
Community Member

I recently upgraded to the family plan on my desktop which is 1Password7 and syncs via 1Password.opvault on Dropbox.

My phone I assume the most current version and it syncs to 1Password.agilekeychain via Dropbox also.

I am running 1Password 6 on my laptop and it syncs to 1Password.agilekeychain via dropbox and my laptop and phone are in sync.

My question is this.... I didn't notice this till just now and for the past few weeks I have made changes on all devices but I want them all in sync. Is it possible to merge the 2 sync files and then get them all on the same sync going forward?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Bigroaddriver: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Just to clarify, do you have a 1Password Families membership subscription? That wouldn't use Dropbox or local vaults at all, so I'd like to make sure we're on the same page here to start. If you are using Dropbox to sync your data, while we don't have any insight into or control over that, this guide can help you narrow down what might be off about your setup:

If you’re having trouble syncing with Dropbox

For example, you'd need to have all your devices to be pointing to the same vault in order for them to all have the same data. Let me know!

• Bigroaddriver
    Bigroaddriver
    Community Member
    Options

yes - i recently upgraded to the family plan and have the subscription.

Looking forward, what is the most effective way to have all my devices in sync since I now have the Family Plan Subscription?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Bigroaddriver: Thanks for confirming! In that case, you should migrate your data to the account, so that all you need to do is sign in on each device to access your data -- no sync configuration. :)

Where do you have a complete copy of your data currently? Please let me know the exact OS and 1Password versions you're using there. You left that out of your original post.

• Bigroaddriver
    Bigroaddriver
    Community Member
    Options

OK great!

I have a working copy on my desktop. I am running Mojave10.14.4 and 1Password7 7.2.5

Will I be able to migrate the dropbox copy from my phone/laptop which are currently synced and merge it with the 1Password subscription version on my desktop?

If so then I will change the sync from dropbox on my phone/laptop to the subscription account - correct?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Bigroaddriver: Since there isn't any such thing as a "1Password subscription", let's focus on working with your data in vaults. You'll either have data in a local vault -- likely called "Primary" -- which exists only on your device, or in your 1Password membership account.

If you sign into 1Password.com in your web browser, do you have all of your data there? Or is it only in 1Password for Mac version 7.2.5 on the desktop? And, if so, is that all in a vault there called Primary?

Thanks in advance!

• Bigroaddriver
    Bigroaddriver
    Community Member
    Options

No data in the 1Password membership account.

All of my info is on the desktop "Primary" account on 1Password for Mac version 7.2.5 which syncs to Dropbox

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Bigroaddriver: Great! And by "great" I mean that's crystal clear and you're almost there. Thanks! ;)

In 1Password for Mac, make sure you're signed into your 1Password membership account, switch to your Private/Personal vault in the account from the vault selector in the upper left (should be empty so far), and then go to Help > Tools > Migrate Standalone Vault to Account.

After that, make sure you remove the old vault (you can disable the "local vaults" option in Preferences > Advanced), and then reset 1Password on your other devices and set it up only with your account, so you'll have the same data on all of them going forward.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Bigroaddriver
    Bigroaddriver
    Community Member
    Options

once I'm in the vault how do I find Help > Tools > Migrate Standalone Vault to Account??

/var/folders/9l/swh1g3m11875l87gv6tjrkp80000gr/T/VoilaCopiedFiles1/Capto_Capture 2019-05-16_10-06-44_PM.png

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Bigroaddriver: I think that's the 1Password.com web interface. You'll need to use the Mac app. That's where your data is, right?

• Bigroaddriver
    Bigroaddriver
    Community Member
    Options

copy....

That option is greyed out however

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Bigroaddriver: I'm not sure what you mean by "copy...." Please see my earlier instructions: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/506032/#Comment_506032

• Bigroaddriver
    Bigroaddriver
    Community Member
    Options

never mind - copying now

OK - so far so good!!

Now can I merge the account on my laptop in the same way and will only sync the different items, ignoring any duplicates??

• Bigroaddriver
    Bigroaddriver
    Community Member
    Options

ok - everything migrated!!

Now can I merge the account on my laptop in the same way and will only sync the different items, ignoring any duplicates??

• Bigroaddriver
    Bigroaddriver
    Community Member
    Options

The account on the laptop has mostly the same data - I have just been using it the past few weeks not realizing that the data i just migrated and it were not in sync.

My question is this.... If I migrate the data on my laptop to the 1Password membership account which is 95% identical to what I just migrated will it recognize the alike items during the migration and only add the different entries or will the 1Password membership account end up with a host of duplicates?

Does that make sense?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Bigroaddriver,

If you migrate all of your items once again on your laptop, you would end up with duplicates, so please do not do that.

Is everything inside your 1Password account already, or does your laptop have some data that was not synced to your other devices?

• Bigroaddriver
    Bigroaddriver
    Community Member
    Options

yes - there is some data on the laptop that was not synced to the other devices but I just can't remember which entries they are.

Is there a way to do a sort which would show the most recent entries on the laptop??

• Bigroaddriver
    Bigroaddriver
    Community Member
    Options

other than that, everything is now migrated into my 1Password account :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Bigroaddriver You can sort your items by date created if i can help, yes :) You can see the sorting menu right below the search bar in the app:

Once you have identified the missing logins, you can move just those to your account to avoid creating duplicates.

• Bigroaddriver
    Bigroaddriver
    Community Member
    Options

OK Guys - Project complete!!!!

Thanks for all your help and patience!!!!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Bigroaddriver - glad to hear ana_ag and brenty were able to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.