SSL trying to sign in to 1password on iphone

fionadoherty
fionadoherty
Community Member

when i downloaded the 1password app on to my iPhone when i try to sign in with my details i receive a message “SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made” - i already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but hit the same wall.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:SSL error signing into iphone

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@fionadoherty: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! We've got strict security protocols in place since it's no good to be communicating with 1Password using an insecure connection (or a "secure" connection where something else is inserting itself in the middle). It's either something with the setup on your device (other software, settings) or your network connection itself. What are you using?

• fionadoherty
    fionadoherty
    Community Member

I’m using a corporate device with MaaS360 installed. Could that be blocking it?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@fionadoherty: It's possible. I'm not sure specifically how that would be configured and what it would affect as a result. Your administrator should be able to tell you though. Essentially, unless 1Password can connect directly to our sever without any "person in the middle" eavesdropping, the connection will be rejected, as that's insecure. Let me know what you find.

This discussion has been closed.