To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Incorrect Secret Key

This discussion was created from comments split from: Secret Code ???.

Comments

• zzlion
    zzlion
    Community Member

Weeks of time spent trying to make this conversion in1P7. Been onboard with1P since 4. Have 1P7 loaded, though it is frozen. Have scanned the QR code only to have 1P tell me that I don't have the right Secret code ( "your secret code should start with A3-J6K2P2..."). Mine does not. The SC matches the code in my emergency kit yet am unable to advance any further. Frustrating is a woefully inadequate word to describe this process. Also, would you define Master password? I'm presuming it is the password I just used to sign in to make this post.

• Hi @zzlion,

I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble getting set up. Are you able to log in here:

https://my.1password.com/signin?a=new

I'm presuming it is the password I just used to sign in to make this post.

No, that would be your forum password. The forum doesn't use 1Password for authentication — it is an entirely separate system. The password you use for the forum should not be the same as your 1Password Master Password. Your Master Password is the password you use to unlock 1Password, or log in to the https://my.1password.com website. Note that it is possible to have more than one Master Password, depending on how you're set up.

Please let me know.

Ben

• zzlion
    zzlion
    Community Member

thank you for that clarification. I'm in 1P7 now. If I go to the Agilebits entry it indicates my account is frozen. I click on that button which creates a pop-up that says I can subscribe for 3.99/mo (the month by month rate I suppose) there are no options for an annual payment. so I click continue and as of now, I'm signed in for 1P7 as a monthly subscriber. So the next question would be how to rebill that as an annual.

• zzlion
    zzlion
    Community Member

PS I guess this got billed as a trial subscription through iTunes.

• zzlion
    zzlion
    Community Member

PS2. I don't want this billed through Apple

• zzlion
    zzlion
    Community Member

PS3. Just tried signing into my Agilebit (1P) account. two things catch my eye. My secret code is visible and it refused to take it because the second sequence of numbers is not correct, yet it is what was sent in the pdf.

• @zzlion,

As this is a public forum (anyone can read what is written here) I think it would be best if we move this conversation over to email so we can dive into some of the details of your specific situation. To facilitate that could you please email us at support+forum@1password.com from the email address associated with your 1Password membership? With that email please include a link to this thread:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/103872/

When you email in you should get an automated reply from BitBot with a support ID. Please post that ID here. Thank you.

Ben

• zzlion
    zzlion
    Community Member

As per your instructions #UYE-63418-215]

• Great. We'll be in touch shortly by email. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.