Is it possible to block/hide 1password auto-fill icon with CSS or other code?

I am sure this is an unusual request. I develop web software and on some of my pages, there are fields that can be used to send emails. We have an icon in the same place as the 1password autofill icon. I am wondering if there is a way to hide the 1password icon on these forms for anyone who might have the extension installed. Let me know if there is anything that can be done to hide, change z-index, or disable the icon in the images below.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2019

Hey @srwells! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. While it's not possible to have 1Password X avoid fields on certain domains, I could see how it would come in handy in this situation. In a perfect world, 1Password X would know exactly when to show itself and when not to. While I'm not sure that's possible, we strive to be as close as we can get.

I'm curious if you're able to share the URL with us so we could take a look and see if we have any suggestions. If not, could you share the HTML name or HTML id of the field where 1Password X is showing its icon when it shouldn't be? That may give me a hint as to why 1Password X is wanting to fill that field.

ref: x/b5x-161

• srwells
    srwells
    Community Member
    edited May 2019

Hi Kaitlyn, Thanks for the response. I know this is an unusual circumstance... I can't share a link to the page since this is within a WordPress plugin rather than a front-facing website. This page allows users to setup email notifications that go out when their forms are submitted...Here is the HTML for one of the affected Form fields:

<p class="frm_has_shortcodes frm_to_row frm_email_row">
        <label for="email_to_50" class="frm_help" title="" data-original-title="Add one or more recipient addresses separated by a &quot;,&quot;.  FORMAT: Name <name@email.com> or name@email.com.  [admin_email] is the address set in WP General Settings.">
            To  </label>
        <span class="frm-with-right-icon"><i class="frm-show-box frm_icon_font frm_more_horiz_solid_icon"></i><com-1password-op-button id="com-1password-op-button" data-op-target="0" data-state="active" style="
            margin-left: 1004px !important;
            margin-top: 8px !important;
            background-image: url(chrome-extension://khgocmkkpikpnmmkgmdnfckapcdkgfaf/images/icons/app_icon-light_bg-color-unlocked-16.svg) !important;
            "></com-1password-op-button><input type="text" name="frm_email_action[50][post_content][email_to]" value="[admin_email]" class="frm_not_email_to frm_email_blur large-text  frm_help" title="" id="email_to_50" data-original-title="Add one or more recipient addresses separated by a &quot;,&quot;.  FORMAT: Name <name@email.com> or name@email.com.  [admin_email] is the address set in WP General Settings." data-com.onepassword.iv="[admin_email]" data-op-id="0"></span>
    </p>

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@srwells – Thanks so much! I'm not sure exactly what's triggering it from the code you provided. My guess is that the word "email" is what's of interest to 1Password, thinking that it's something you'd want filled. I'd like to get it reported to our developers with the little information that we do have, but I want to first make sure you're using the latest version of 1Password X since I don't see that you filled that out when making this forum post. The most recent update was 1.15.2. Is that the one you have installed?

• srwells
    srwells
    Community Member

I am running the latest beta versions of both 1passwordx and desktop for mac.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2019

Thanks, @srwells – I appreciate it. :)

I've got the issue reported to our developers now. We've got a couple other projects that we're working on at the moment, but I want you to know that it's on our radar. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do!

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#545

This discussion has been closed.