2 touch ID windows open

Options
zinnn
zinnn
Community Member
edited May 2019 in Mac

Hi there,

How can I turn off the bigger touch ID window from 1Password when filling in passwords via the shortcut "cmd" + "#" ?
In the past only a smaller window popped up.
After my password is filled on a website, I still have to click "login" - got logged in automatically in the past.
All this happens since version 7.
Hope you can help me out, thank you!

Zinnn

1Password Version: 7.2.6
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zinnn! Welcome to the forum!

How can I turn off the bigger touch ID window from 1Password when filling in passwords via the shortcut "cmd" + "#" ?

Do you mean the main 1Password window? The one from the desktop app?

After my password is filled on a website, I still have to click "login" - got logged in automatically in the past.
    All this happens since version 7.

This is a new change in macOS Mojave. Apple removed the option to automatically submit login information from the operating system, which is what 1Password relied on, so now 1Password can only fill your items on the page, but not submit them. You can also use the Enter key on your keyboard to make this quicker though ;)

• zinnn
    zinnn
    Community Member
    Options

hi @ag_ana

thanks for your reply! yes i meant the desktop app window :) how can I turn it off, so only the smaller touch ID window remains?

have a great weekend

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@zinnn

Unfortunately I don't have a MacBook with TouchID to test this here, but I think this is happening because 1Password is currently locked. If you unlock 1Password first, and then you try to fill your login details on a website, do you only see the smaller TouchID window in that case?

This discussion has been closed.