How can I stop using the beta and go back to just plain 1Password on my Mac?

Options
waldhaus1
waldhaus1
Community Member

I am using the beta on one machine and not my others and find it increasingly annoying - for instance categories disappear. I would like to stop using the beta and go back to regular 1Password

1Password Version: .7.3 Beta-14 (70300014)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:quit using beta

Comments

• waldhaus1
    waldhaus1
    Community Member
    Options

Recently for unknown reasons the list of categories in the sidebar has disappeared. Sometimes unlabeled icons show up but that isn't really useful. I have 1200 items and to have to scroll through all of that looking for a credit card or a secure note is truly annoying.
    why are you trying so hard to make the program harder to use?
    I have quit using the Beta but that doesn't seem to help a lot so far.

1Password Version: 7.2.6
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: OsX 1014.5
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:quit using beta

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I am using the beta on one machine and not my others and find it increasingly annoying - for instance categories disappear. I would like to stop using the beta and go back to regular 1Password

@waldhaus1: No problem! :)

1. Quit 1Password Completely -- Command Option Control Q
    2. Drag 1Password to the Trash
    3. Restart your Mac
    4. Download and install a fresh copy of the stable version: https://1password.com/downloads/
    5. Profit! :pirate:

Recently for unknown reasons the list of categories in the sidebar has disappeared. Sometimes unlabeled icons show up but that isn't really useful.

You collapsed it. You can expand it by clicking the "tab" again:

Use the sidebar in 1Password 7

I have 1200 items and to have to scroll through all of that looking for a credit card or a secure note is truly annoying. why are you trying so hard to make the program harder to use?

I'm not sure what you're talking about. We've had a great search feature in 1Password for years now. I'd suggest using that. It's the only way people with thousands of items can use 1Password at all.

I have quit using the Beta but that doesn't seem to help a lot so far.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know. :)

• waldhaus1
    waldhaus1
    Community Member
    Options

I am not sure what you mean by clicking the "tab." I did find an option under view where it says expand or collapse sidebar. Clicking that did bring the sidebar back. I didn't see anything on the user interface that would do the same thing. When I have the sidebar collapsed there are some expand/collapse arrows. Clicking on the bottom one brings up a bunch f'tag icons - not clear what they ae tags for. No tool tip.
    The middle expand collapse arrow brings up a variety of arrows - those are somewhat clearer - keyhole+login, credit card, but some are less obvious - clicking on them reveals what is behind. Tool tips or labels would be helpful for me at least.
    While the search is good, sometimes I can't think of a search term to use and just want to scroll through secure notes. That is why it is useful to have the categories clearly spelled out in the column. Why it wants to default to having that go away confuses me.
    May be user error at some point, but have been using the program for many years and it is the first time I have encountered the problem.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@waldhaus1: Glad that did the trick for you!

The sidebar does not default to collapsed. You would have had todo that yourself at some point, either from the menu or by hovering over it, as shown in the article I linked for you:

It can be un-collapsed that way as well. It's a new feature in version 7 though, so maybe that's what's thrown you off if you're used to earlier versions. :)

I agree that tool tips are nice. I've got those in the beta, so it may be something we've added recently and I'd forgotten about. Hopefully we'll have an update for everyone soon. It sounds like leaving the sidebar expanded is preferable to you, so that should do the trick. But if you have questions about anything else just let us know. :)

• waldhaus1
    waldhaus1
    Community Member
    Options

I am not sure what you mean by clicking the "tab." I did find an option under view where it says expand or collapse sidebar. Clicking that did bring the sidebar back. I didn't see anything on the user interface that would do the same thing. When I have the sidebar collapsed there are some expand/collapse arrows. Clicking on the bottom one brings up a bunch f'tag icons - not clear what they ae tags for. No tool tip.
    The middle expand collapse arrow brings up a variety of arrows - those are somewhat clearer - keyhole+login, credit card, but some are less obvious - clicking on them reveals what is behind. Tool tips or labels would be helpful for me at least.
    While the search is good, sometimes I can't think of a search term to use and just want to scroll through secure notes. That is why it is useful to have the categories clearly spelled out in the column. Why it wants to default to having that go away confuses me.
    May be user error at some point, but have been using the program for many years and it is the first time I have encountered the problem.

• waldhaus1
    waldhaus1
    Community Member
    Options

I found that blue arrow. It disappears unless the mouse cursor hoovers over the divider between the sidebar and the list column. Now that I have found it I will know how to get it back. Part of what confused me is it was behaving differently on my laptop and my desktop and also the app.
    I think I'm getting my head around it now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear it! Are you maybe using a different version in different places? That could certainly cause some confusion. Anyway, we're here if you have any other questions. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.