7.2.6 sidebar doesn't stay expanded

glenn1p
glenn1p
Community Member

I use 1Password with the Tags list expanded in the sidebar. Since the 7.2.6 update, the list collapses every time the app locks up.

1Password Version: 7.2.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:7.2.6 sidebar doesn't stay expanded

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @glenn1p!

I could not reproduce this in my 7.2.6 version. I launch the app, unlock it, make sure the tags list is expanded, lock 1Password and unlock it again, and the tag list is still expanded.

Do you by chance have another Mac where you can test this?

• glenn1p
    glenn1p
    Community Member

On a 2018 Mac Mini with macOS 10.14.5 it's not happening. On my 2018 MacBook Pro, with Touch ID unlocking enabled, it happens. I've attached a screenshot of the prefs for the MacBook Pro.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@glenn1p: thank you for the confirmation! Just to make sure there are no differences here, are you running the same 1Password app version on your Mac Mini that you are running on the MacBook Pro (7.2.6)?

• glenn1p
    glenn1p
    Community Member

Yes, it's the same 7.2.6. And after updating macOS from 10.14.4 to 10.14.5 the problem still exists.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@glenn1p Understood. We will keep an eye on this to see if we get other reports of this behavior. I still cannot reproduce this on my Mac but I will make sure to check if this starts happening here too.

• glenn1p
    glenn1p
    Community Member

This is fixed in the 7.3.2 update. Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @glenn1p! And thank you for the update :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• glenn1p
    glenn1p
    Community Member

And with 7.4 it's broken again. I'm trying 7.4.1 but the release notes don't mention the issue.

• glenn1p
    glenn1p
    Community Member

No, the problem does exist in 7.4.1.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2019

Thank you for the confirmation @glenn1p. Our developers have been made aware of this.

ref: apple/issues#4380

• ryanolton
    ryanolton
    Community Member
    edited November 2019

I just wanted to note that I also notice this happening on my MBP with Touch ID.

To reproduce:

1. Open 1P and expand sections; do not close/lock 1P
    2. Lock the screen (Apple menu > Lock screen)
    3. You will see the login screen, hit escape key to turn off display
    4. Press any key to have login screen reappear, login in
    5. Open 1P
    6. Sections are collapsed again

1P 7.4.1, macOS 10.15.1

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the additional information as well! :+1:

• untcha
    untcha
    Community Member

I can confirm the problem on my MBP with Touch ID as well. 1Password version is 7.4.1 (70401002) / macOS 10.15.1

To reproduce see the steps @ryanolton mentioned in his post.

• Thanks for letting us know, @untcha.

Ben

• untcha
    untcha
    Community Member

Will this issue be resolved? Still having this issue.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@untcha:

Yes it will. We hope to have a fix available in one of the next updates, so please keep an eye out on the release notes :)

• untcha
    untcha
    Community Member

Thats great! Thanks for the quick reply @ag_ana :-)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome! And thank you for your patience while we get to the bottom of this :)

• jimclawson
    jimclawson
    Community Member
    edited May 2020

I have 7.5 and the same problem. Simply putting the computer to sleep (closing the lid) will collapse the side bar. Any fix coming?

• Hi @jimclawson

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this. That's not happening on either of my machines here... As a troubleshooting step, if you create a new macOS user account, do you see the behavior you're describing in the new account? If you're not familiar, Apple has a guide on how to create a new account here:

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

Please let me know.

Ben

• ryanolton
    ryanolton
    Community Member

@Ben

I just wanted to note that I'm still having this same issue as well. I have an iMac and MBP (as well as my wife's MBP), all running 1P 7.5 (and macOS 10.15.4), and following the steps I noted above, I can reproduce this issue repeatedly.

To confirm: you followed the steps I posted above on your machines and none of them have this issue?

Ryan

• Hi @ryanolton

My apologies: you're correct. On v7.5, with the steps you posted, I am able to reproduce the issue. That said, with the latest (internal) builds, I am not. So there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Ana mentioned above that we were hoping to get the changes into the next build (which would've been v7.5, when posted), however it looks like that did not happen. Unfortunately sometimes fixes that have been made don't make it into the build we're expecting. As it didn't make it into 7.5, I'd like to think it would be in 7.6, but I'm not in a position to promise that. The encouraging news is that development has already written code that appears to address it, so it is just a matter of getting that code through the process.

@jimclawson

Based on this you can likely ignore my above comment - I'm not confident a different user account while using 1Password 7.5 is going to have any effect.

Ben

• ryanolton
    ryanolton
    Community Member

@Ben thanks for confirming; I'll be on the lookup for a fix at some point soon.

• :+1: :)

Ben

• jimclawson
    jimclawson
    Community Member

@Ben @ryanolton

Thank you from me too. Glad to see we are not crazy. Also, as I mentioned above, I don't even need to do the steps, just close the notebook lid and it happens.

• Thanks for clarifying @jimclawson. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.