1password password manager download from 2015

Chort13
Chort13
Community Member

Had the app in iOS from 2015 (its a blue icon with a file cabinet with a lock...cascaded effect), just upgraded to iphone XS and the app would not open after backup from icloud. I erased the app from the new phone in hopes to download again from cloud. Once downloaded, the new screen asked me to setup a new code....login was different from the older app. Been trying to follow troubleshoot methods including manually typing the IP Address given from the app to recover the data. So far no luck on recovering all my passwords....can you help? Is all the data unrecoverable?

Thanks...

Chort13

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Chort13: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry to hear that. It sounds like you're describing 1Password 3 (top two icons here), but we were already up to version 5 from autumn 2014. And back in 2017 Apple discontinued support for all 32-bit apps (including 1Password 3, which was created in 2010), so it isn't possible to download or run that on any recent iOS hardware/software. If you do not have your old 1Password data on any of your devices, it is not recoverable. We don't have it and Apple won't either; you would have to have a copy of it yourself to get the data back. And when you delete an iOS app, that deletes all of its data as well. I'm sorry that I don't have better news for you. But if you do find that you have your 1Password data on another device, please let me know. :blush:

• Chort13
    Chort13
    Community Member

Thank you for the reply...I will look for any other devices but doubtful.

Your info was helpful.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Chort13: You're very welcome! And seriously, if you find something we can work with, let me know. I'll be happy to help in any way I can!

This discussion has been closed.