Plug-in for Dessenter Browser

Options
FiL
FiL
Community Member

Where can I get the 1Password Plugin extension for Dessenter Browser?

Can you please provide me with one if none exists.

I also need 1PassWord to recognise Dessenter Browser and fill in passwords when needed.

Thanks

PhiL

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Where can I get the 1Password Plugin extension for Dessenter Browser? Can you please provide me with one if none exists. I also need 1PassWord to recognise Dessenter Browser and fill in passwords when needed.Thanks

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @FiL,

If you have a 1Password account you should be able to use 1Password X, our standalone extension. The reason it only works with 1Password accounts is it doesn't communicate with the native 1Password client. If you use standalone vaults with either 1Password for Mac or Windows then I'm afraid Dessenter isn't a supported browser and it won't work. Only the following browsers have support in the native client.

• Safari (macOS only)
    • Edge (Windows only)
    • Firefox
    • Chrome
    • Vivaldi
    • Brave
    • Opera
  • gazu
    gazu
    Community Member
    Options

@FiL

You'll probably be waiting years (if ever) for Dessenter to be supported because 1Password have limited resources and are focused on supporting, and keeping secure, the most popular browsers.

Development is focused towards improving 1Password for the many, not the few. Valuable coding time is needed to keep up-to-date with the browsers that 99% of people use, i.e. Safari, Chrome and Firefox.

There may be all sorts of hidden security risks in Dessenter so, unless it gains significant popularity (and credibility), I can't see it being supported.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

There really isn't much more I can say beyond what I've already stated. The currently supported list of browsers is:

• Safari (macOS only)
    • Edge (Windows only)
    • Firefox
    • Chrome
    • Vivaldi
    • Brave
    • Opera

The native clients 1Password for Mac and 1Password for Windows will only allow our companion extension to connect when it comes from one of these whitelisted browsers and we verify the code signature as part of this check. This list has not changed much over the years and I do not anticipate any additions in the near future. We are cautious and conservative when it comes to changes to this list given the weight being part of the list lends to that browser.

For those with a 1Password account there is also the 1Password X extension. It was designed to add support for the likes of Linux and ChromeOS by being a full-blown client that talks directly to our server. As such it can be used in other browsers given the inability for the extension to validate the browser.

This discussion has been closed.