1Password X breaks CAPTCHA on swiss.com

I was trying to book a flight on Swiss (swiss.com) today. For some reason the Swiss website decided that my traffic looked like a bot, and took me to a page titled "Security check". That page is supposed to have a CAPTCHA on it which you must solve in order to proceed. However, there was no CAPTCHA!

I verified that if I disabled the 1Password X extension in Chrome and then tried again, the CAPTCHA appeared. I then re-enabled 1Password X and reloaded, and the CAPTCHA was gone. I disabled the extension once more, and the CAPTCHA came back.

I'm running Chrome 74.0.3729.131 on Mac OS X 10.14.4 and 1Password X 1.15.2.

I don't know how to consistently get back to the "security check" page, other than to somehow make yourself look to swiss.com like a bot. Sorry! I know that's going to make it harder to fix this. :( Here's the text of the page so you know you've ended up in the right place, though:

"Security check
We apologise for the interruption. We detected unusual behaviour from your browser, which resembles that of a bot.

The reasons could be the following: You have a browser plugin installed that blocks JavaScript, you are using a VPN or privacy software often used by bots, or you are navigating through the website at an unusually high speed.

SWISS International Air Lines thanks you for your understanding."

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.15.2
OS Version: OS X 10.14.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password X breaks the CAPTCHA on swiss.com

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @primalpeanut ,

You've describes some very strange behavior here. It would be impossible to guess what went wrong without seeing the page.
    I checked a few other websites with captchas and they work well with 1Password. For example: https://patrickhlauke.github.io/recaptcha/

I'd consider this a one time fluke, unless you're coming across this issue over several websites in a manner that can be considered a bug with 1Password. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.