Does 1Password support application passwords (on a mac) or just web passwords?

mbarel
mbarel
Community Member

I have a number of Apps on my Mac that require a password. Does 1Password support this?

1Password Version: 7.2.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.14.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Does 1Password support application passwords (on a mac) or just web passwords?

Comments

• Hi @mbarel

Great question. Thanks for asking. And welcome to the 1Password Support Forum. :) 1Password has extensions for the popular web browsers, including Safari, Firefox, Chrome, and Opera. With those extensions 1Password can save and fill your credentials directly from login forms on websites. As there is no such extension framework available for other 3rd party apps at this time we're not currently able to offer extensions in non-browser apps. It is entirely possible to track your credentials for such apps in 1Password though, and to copy & paste them from 1Password into those apps.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• RBT
    RBT
    Community Member

I also use 1P's Secure Notes to save the locations and passwords for important password protected Excel spreadsheets. This lets me use spreadsheet passwords that are too complex to remember, which I believe Excel (post 2013) further hashes and salts.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@RBT - that's a great idea. Indeed, while Secure Notes is a kind of generic category for text, it can be creatively used for any number of things, especially if you make use of customization options for your individual records. Thanks for sharing! :)

This discussion has been closed.