1PasswordX Chrome Extension doesn't work on Ubuntu 19.04

Options

I recently installed the 1PasswordX extension in Chrome. It's version 1.15.2 on Chrome Version 74.0.3729.157 (Official Build) (64-bit). I am also running Ubuntu 19.04 on a Dell XPS 15. When I click on the 1PasswordX Chrome extension, I get taken to a white page that shows nothing. I tried restarting and also uninstalling, then reinstalling the extension. This didn't help.
Any ideas how I can fix this? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.15.2
OS Version: Ubuntu 19.04
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey there @ByeByeBye! Thanks for reporting this to us. I'm curious if you're in private browsing mode or if you have the option to never remember history enabled. If not, could you tell me what website URL you're taken to where you see a white page?

• ByeByeBye
    ByeByeBye
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Kaitlyn,

I am not in private browsing mode and I do not have the option to never remember history enabled. I have noticed that chrome doesn't remember my history between different browser sessions. Also, when I close chrome after installing the 1PasswordX extension and then start a new chrome session, I no longer have the extension installed.

When I click on the extension icon, I'm taken to a white page at this url: chrome-extension://aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa/app/app.html#/page/welcome

• cecelia
    Options

Hey @ByeByeBye! Thanks for the additional information. That does sound a bit like behavior caused by a privacy or cookie related setting, though I've searched far and wide and can't seem to find any such setting. To be sure though, can you try installing 1Password X in a fresh Chrome profile? That'll give us a better idea as to what might be causing the issue.

Here's a guide for setting up a fresh Chrome profile
    & Here's 1Password X for Chrome

• ByeByeBye
    ByeByeBye
    Community Member
    Options

Hello! Since I suspected there were underlying issues with my chrome install, I decided to reinstall Chrome. 1PasswordX is now working successfully on my Chrome install. Thanks for your help!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great to hear, @ByeByeBye! I'll keep that in mind in case the issue comes up again. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.