Cant get 1Password working again after fresh reinstall of Mojave

vfxwolf
vfxwolf
Community Member
edited May 2019 in Mac

Hi,

I've been a 1Password user since 2013, both on my mac and ios devices. Up till this morning, when I was forced to do a fresh reinstall in Mojave, everything had been working well. Now I've Mojave back up, and I'm reinstalling my critical software - but the only version of 1Password is version 7.. and its asking for an '.opvault' file. The only file I have in my dropbox is a .agilekeychain file, which I assume is also being used by by iphone and ipad - since they all share the same vault.

Whats going on? Are old users now required to repurchase 1Password? There seems to be no way to get version 7 working without buying a membership.. which I never needed before this morning. I had browser extensions, mac app, ios apps..all working.. password bliss. Now, just my ios devices still work (thank god)

Please help, thanks,

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @vfxwolf! Welcome to the forum!

1Password 7 is a paid upgrade, but you can use it with a subscription or with a standalone license. It sounds like you installed 1Password 7 without having purchased a license for it.

You can either upgrade to 1Password 7, or you need to download the legacy 1Password version that you purchased back in 2013.

• vfxwolf
    vfxwolf
    Community Member

Thank you ag_ana, that was it! Back up and running. I was using 6...

Plan to upgrade soon, just too many other things to worry about right now..

Is there special upgrade pricing? I'd want a license, not interested in another subscription service. I've killed Adobe.. HBO is next. ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @vfxwolf! I am happy to hear this :)

Currently we still sell 1Password 7 licenses at the discounted price of $49.99 (the regular price is $64.99, so you get more than 20% off regular price), and it's been like that for a while. I am not sure how long we will continue to keep them at this price, so while I don't want to rush you, I think it would be fair to let you know that it might not be like this forever :P

This discussion has been closed.