Updates on the iOS app are not reflected to OSX

vamitrou
vamitrou
Community Member

When i update a login in my iOS app the change is not updating the OSX app and firefox extension. I noticed something it updates when i reboot the whole system.

I am using the subscription model.

Is there a workaround for this? Maybe some kind of "Force sync"?

1Password Version: 7.2.6
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OSX 10.14.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sync issues

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @vamitrou! In both 1Password for iOS and 1Password for Mac, sync should happen automatically and nearly instantaneously if you're using a 1password.com membership. You should be able to force a sync by locking, then unlocking 1Password on your Mac, but you also shouldn't need to do that in a properly functioning setup. My suspicion would be the Mac is the issue here, as you're able to add a lot more 3rd party filtering/VPN/antivirus software there that can interfere with the proper operation of the notifier. Do you use any such software on your Mac? Under what circumstances does the sync eventually occur and how long does it take?

• vamitrou
    vamitrou
    Community Member
    edited May 2019

Hi Lars, thank you for the prompt response. Locking and unlocking 1password does not force the sync in my case. I am not using VPN or antivirus, but i am mostly sitting behind an HTTP proxy which requires authentication. The proxy is set up globally in my network settings. However, after a day or so when i had the proxy disabled globally (located in a different network) the logins were still not synced. From what i notice, a full system restart successfully syncs all the logins.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@vamitrou - in that case, it sounds less like a connection issue to me and more like perhaps what you have is two different (but similar) vaults on two different devices. Can you open 1Password for iOS and tap Settings > Vaults and check what you see there? How many vaults are there, and what are their names? Then, in 1Password for Mac, do the same thing by checking Preferences > Vaults -- how many vaults, and what are their names?

On each device, create a new Secure Note. Call them something memorable/easy to spot/distinguish, such as "From iPhone" and "From Mac." Lock and then unlock 1Password on each device; see if both notes appear on both devices. Let me know what you discover.

• vamitrou
    vamitrou
    Community Member

Hi @Lars , I see the same vaults on all devices - Private, Shared, and another one with custom name. I added a note from my phone, and another note from my macbook. Both got synchronized everywhere immediately. However, when i edited the note on the phone it was not updated. Lock/unlock - nothing. When i quit (%Q) and reopened then it synchronized.

• @vamitrou,

And just to confirm: none of the devices have a vault called "Primary?" Are you able to reproduce this behavior? For example, if you create a new Secure Note, save it, then edit & save again, do the latest changes appear on all devices? If so which vault is that item in?

Ben

• vamitrou
    vamitrou
    Community Member

Hi @Ben , no, there is no vault called "Primary" in any of the devices. It is reproducable -

1. Create a note in the iOS app => Immediately visible on Mac app
    2. Create a note in the Mac app => Immediately visible on iOS
    3. Edit the note (the actual text) in iOS => Not changed in Mac
    4. Lock, unlock, hide the app (%W) => Still not changed in Mac
    5. Quit (%Q) and reopen => The note has been changed in Mac.
  • Thanks @vamitrou. So that I can ask our development team to look deeper into this I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#PYP-64343-339]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @vamitrou only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

Ben

ref: PYP-64343-339

• vamitrou
    vamitrou
    Community Member

Thank you @Ben , i have sent the logs to your team.

• Great; will be in touch soon. Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.