Safari extension not in the Safari extensions

Options
gschmidt
gschmidt
Community Member
edited May 2019 in Mac

I found a link in another forum post to legacy Safari extension for 1Password 6. Clicked on install and that seemed to fix it. The link was to:
https://safari-extensions.apple.com/details/?id=com.agilebits.onepassword4-safari-2BUA8C4S2C

I restored my information from Time Machine to a new iMac. The Safari extension is not in the Safari toolbar. When select to add it from the extensions library it is not listed. All it shows is for 1Password 7 the extension is not needed as it is included in 1Password 7. However, I'm using 1Password 6.8.9.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gschmidt: Indeed, 1Password 7 includes a Safari App Extension, which Apple is requiting going forward. The only source of the old extension is the link you included in your post, and App is shutting down that gallery any day now. In order to use Safari with 1Password 6, you'd need to install that now. Going forward, you'd need to either upgrade to 1Password 7 or use a different browser. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Philip Heart
    Philip Heart
    Community Member
    Options

I am trying to use Safari again and have 1Password 7. I don't see any way to add the extension. When I select "install browser extensions" from the menu I am told on the website that it is already "Included with 1Password 7"

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Philip Heart

Have you tried restarting your Mac since installing 1Password 7? The extension should appear in Safari automatically after a reboot.

Ben

• Philip Heart
    Philip Heart
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I have.

• Philip Heart
    Philip Heart
    Community Member
    Options

The macOS menubar extension also doesn't work for it. It says "turn on the 1password extension..."

• Ben
    Options

@Philip Heart

Please give this a try for me then:

1. Drag the 1Password application from the Applications folder in Finder to the Trash
    2. Restart the Mac
    3. Empty the Trash
    4. Download and install fresh copy of 1Password 7 for Mac: Download for Mac
    5. Check Safari — does the extension appear? If so, great! If not, please try one more restart.

Does that do the trick?

Ben

• Philip Heart
    Philip Heart
    Community Member
    Options

That worked. Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear that did the trick. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.