Hi 1Password Team,
I'm a Product Manager at CNET and we've been getting reports starting late last week that the 1Password Extension is breaking the log in button on CNET's log in form.
* Desktop: Chrome (Version 74.0.3729.157) and Safari (12.1.1)
* Some users reported Safari/iOS but I am not able to reproduce
1. To go CNET.com with 1Password installed (Safari or Chrome/Desktop)
2. Press "JOIN / SIGN IN" in the navigation. Wait for modal
3. Enter an email address (autofill or no autofill)
4. Wait for password prompt, try to fill in password (autofill or no autofill)
5. Notice log in button does not function at all
This is high priority because just having the 1Password Extension installed breaks login functionality - even if the user isn't using 1Password to log into the site.
1Password Desktop Version: 7.2.6
Chrome Extension version: 18.104.22.168