Sync service on iOS7 in 2019 is still iCloud and not Personal. How do I fix this?.

tillemetry
tillemetry
Community Member

Sync service on iOS7 is still iCloud and not Personal. How do I fix this? My understanding is that it is supposed to be syncing with you guys now?

1Password Version: Recent
Extension Version: Not Applicable
OS Version: 12
Sync Type: iCloud?
Referrer: forum-search:Sync service on iOS7 is still iCloud and not Personal. How do I fix this?

Comments

• tillemetry
    tillemetry
    Community Member

Sync service on iOS7 is still iCloud and not Personal. How do I fix this? My understanding is that it is supposed to be syncing with you guys now?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tillemetry: If you mean you're using a 1Password membership account, you'll need to be signed into it in 1Password Settings > Accounts. Then you can copy any items you do not already have in the Personal vault over, and delete the old Primary (local) vault under 1Password Settings > Vaults > Primary. Just make sure you have everything you need in your account first before deleting the old vault.

• tillemetry
    tillemetry
    Community Member

So I have 2 vaults. One is called personal, and the other (on Icloud) called primary. Which one is the one I delete? I'm very confused.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tillemetry: The Personal vault is part of a 1Password membership account; the Primary vault is stored only on the device. Make sure you have all of your data in your account by signing into the website in your browser:

https://start.1password.com

If you have everything you need there, it's safe to remove the Primary vault, and that will also avoid a lot of confusion now and in the future.

This discussion has been closed.