How dissociate an account in the mac app

Options
Guillem
Guillem
Community Member
edited May 2019 in Mac

[removed by 1Password staff -- this is a public forum]
Hello, I just create an account but as you can see in the picture, the account doesn't fit with my reel account. So, how can I change that ? Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.2.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mojave 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Guillem: I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do. Can you clarify?

• Guillem
    Guillem
    Community Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

A create an account with an email. But when I download the app, and I try to connect to 1password, the mail is different in "preference" And it's impossible to me to change the mail or the secret key :/

And I try to delete the app and re-install many times without change

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2019
    Options

@Guillem - my guess is that at some point, you created more than one account, and one of them is either deleted or in Frozen status. You can't "change" your account details on sign-in, all you can do is sign in to existing accounts. What I'd recommend doing (presuming you have no data you need in the 1password.com account) is click Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password Data. This will remove everything from 1Password for Mac and the next time you launch it, it will be as if you're a new user. On first run, click "1Password.com" under "Used 1Password before," but do NOT accept the existing account(s) that will have been saved for you in your Mac's keychain, but instead click "Sign in with a different account," like this:

Then, make sure you use the correct account's details (Master Password, Secret Key, email address). Let us know how that goes for you! :)

• Guillem
    Guillem
    Community Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

Super !!! it works ! Thank you :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Guillem - excellent! Glad I was able to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.