Backup failed - error domain

Options
nevwg
nevwg
Community Member

I am getting repeated Backup Failed notifications. I have run the troubleshooter to repair permissions, and it has not worked. What next?

1Password Version: 7.2.6
Extension Version: 7.2.6
OS Version: OS Mojave 10.14.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @nevwg! I'm sorry for the trouble. From your description, it's a bit hard to be certain, but it sounds as if you may have remnants of a previous version of 1Password for Mac present. Let's start here: click Preferences > Vaults and let me know how many vaults you see there, and what their names are.

• nevwg
    nevwg
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars,
    In fact, I wondered if that was the case, so I simply re-installed 1Password7. File>Backup seemed to go ahead OK, so I think I may have solved it,
    cheers,
    Neville

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nevwg - thanks for the update. That's excellent news! I’d like to be able to say I’m glad I helped you get things squared away, but since you appear to have solved the problem by yourself, I can’t hardly claim any credit for it. :-) However, around here, we’ve learned to call a win a win whether we had a hand in it or not.

So, congratulations! Keep an eye on things and please let us know if the problem recurs or if there's anything further we can do to assist you. Otherwise, have a great rest of your week, and thanks for being a 1Password user!

This discussion has been closed.