Unable to add a dropbox vault

Options
dcsobral
dcsobral
Community Member

I'm setting up 1password on a new notebook. I've added a company account, and now I wish to add a dropbox vault that has my personal stuff, but the instructions I found do not work, because they ask me to click on the "sync" icon, and there's no such icon for me.

1Password Version: 7.2.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Unable to add a dropbox vault

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @dcsobral

With a 1Password membership added (and no standalone vaults) there won't be a sync tab as 1Password membership doesn't have any sync preferences. The ideal solution here would be to have a 1Password individual membership to store your personal items, which could also be added to any of the 1Password apps that you're using. This would also ensure that you always have access to the latest version of 1Password, even if you separate from the company you're currently with.

But if you'd prefer to keep using standalone for your personal stuff you can add the existing standalone vault to the 1Password for Mac app by double clicking on the sync file in Dropbox.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• dcsobral
    dcsobral
    Community Member
    Options

When I double click the opvault file, 1password opens a "Create New Vault" window, and does not add my vault.

• dcsobral
    dcsobral
    Community Member
    Options

Nevermind, it created a local vault then added the dropbox one.

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear you were able to get it sorted. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.