Version 7 will not install on my mac

mail_ronandclaudia
mail_ronandclaudia
Community Member

I want to migrate to v 7 from v6.8.8 and signed up for the membership. Then I got the 1PW ER kit and scan code. I downloaded the 1PW installer but it will not proceed with the installation. It quits on the 'Quit 1PW mini' and won’t Quit all. I'm thinking it may be because v7 is somehow installed. One screen says my extension is not installed but when I try to install it it says it's installed with v7 automatically. However, when I go to extensions in Safari preferences 1PW is not there and when I click More Extensions I'm not taken to the safari extension gallery. My version of 1PW in the Finder is still 6.8.8. However in 1PW preferences it recognizes my membership. What can I do to continue the installation. Prior to doing this upgrade I’ve been using Dropbox.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• mail_ronandclaudia
    mail_ronandclaudia
    Community Member

I got v7 to install on my mac by restarting my computer. Things seemed to correct after that. However, in going to my iPad it asked me to create a login for 1Password during set up. I am not sure what that is. Somehow I created a vault on the iPad titled 'Primary' . I only want one vault. My husband and I share everything and login to 1PW the same way on all our devices. This extra vault is going to be confusing. Now, on both my iPad and on my computers I have the extra vault listed. The one that has my name on it is Personal and it says 'new vault' however, I think that is my actual only vault as it has 691 items. The 'on my iPad' vault says Primary and has 608 items with the ability to Start syncing. I don't want to delete a vault and loose all my items but I'm not sure which one to delete or if I should. We want to use only one vault for all our devices and computers.

• Hi @mail_ronandclaudia

We'd be happy to help get this sorted. :) If you log in at https://my.1password.com do you see all of your items, including any recent changes you've made? If you do, then we can (and should) delete the Primary vault from each device. Instructions for that can be found here:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

Once that is deleted please let us know if you're having any further trouble. :+1:

Ben

• mail_ronandclaudia
    mail_ronandclaudia
    Community Member

Please help! We have a lot of devices. 3 computers and 4 iOS devices. We want to use 1PW on all our devices with just one vault. Somehow I set up an extra vault on one of the iPads. Now it looks like that is called ‘Personal’ with my name on it is listed as a New Vault. There now is another vault listed as Primary on my iPhone and iPad. On my mac under vaults, always open to Personal is the only vault listed - no Primary. On my husband’s computer we have installed 1PW7, it’s listed in Applications. However, when we open iPW ‘about’ says he is still on v6.8.8. The old interface stil comes up. Should I drag the other 1PW items in Applications to the trash? On both our computers 1PW agilekeychain and 1PW app.zip are still there. On my husband’s computer with the old interface when he clicks on an item to open, he gets two choices for logging in, however, on my computer with the new v7 interface I only get the one, proper login.

On my iPhone I get this message: "agilbitskeychain file can't be found in Dropbox. syncing has been disabled." If I go back to my main computer and click on the dock icon it says it's v7 however, in the finder applications when I click on 1PW there is an opvault and an agilebitskeychain document. Please let me know if I can delete the "Primary" vault that asks me to Start Syncing. On the iPad it lists my Personal vault as new and wants to rename it. I think that vault is actually my only vault, not NEW.

• @mail_ronandclaudia

Did you see my reply above? :) Let's start there.

Ben

• mail_ronandclaudia
    mail_ronandclaudia
    Community Member

I got rid of the Primary Vaults on my iOS devices. However, the 1PW preferences on my MacBook Air and my husband's Mac still have the old v6 preferences window with the sync button (my husband's still says syncing through Dropbox; the MacBook air says syncing with primary vault but the options are greyed out with none. On my 'main' computer the applications folder has a 1PW zip file dated yesterday, an agilekeychain doc dated 2015, and the 1PWv7 app; on my MacBook air, applications lists a zip file dated today, a 1PW v7 and a 1PW folder with v 6.3.5, my husband's iMac's applications lists the zip file dated yesterday, v7, and 1PW v6.8.8 and 1PW v3.8.21.

Yesterday I sent an email to 1PW support and got a reply back from Greig Allen. He asked me to have a diagnostic report sent which I did using the code [#FUK-31382-111] this AM. I'm sure hoping to get to the bottom of this soon. I've been working on it for a couple of days now.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mail_ronandclaudia - glad to hear you've gotten things started via email. Greig's great; let's keep the conversation going in that channel, rather than in two places at once. Thanks! :)

• mail_ronandclaudia
    mail_ronandclaudia
    Community Member

OK. I'll wait to hear from Greig. Thanks for your help above!

• :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.