Error with mrc-converter-suite - "mrc-converter-suiteconvert.pl" missing [Solved]

GarthN
GarthN
Community Member
edited May 2019 in Mac

Hi there, I'm trying to use the mrc-converter-suite but I'm getting an error as follows when I try to open macOSConvertHelper.app:

Can't open perl script "/Users/Garth/Desktop/mrc-converter-suiteconvert.pl": No such file or directory

I doubt it's an issue of misplacement on my computer as I can't find any reference to that file in the entire download folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a3skeey2zqimdlv/AAD87q6N_EJZ1YoPe5SA35a1a?dl=0

Any ideas how to fix this?

General info:

Many thanks,
Garth

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS High Sierra 10.13.4
_Sync Type:
Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:mrc-converter-suiteconvert.pl

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited May 2019

Hi @GarthN

There was a bug in the script when the mrc-converter-suite folder was located on the Desktop. I've just posted an update. Please give it a try.

You correctly placed the folder, but I failed to test this case. My source code is located in a different folder, and I generally just test from that folder. I'd made some recent changes to the macOSConvertHelper, and that change slipped through my testing of the default Desktop location. Sorry about that, and the slow response.

• GarthN
    GarthN
    Community Member

Thanks MrC - it was a quick response and I very much appreciate it! Amazing that you go to this much effort as a volunteer; thank you.

That fix lets me open the app now but unfortunately I get this error message in Terminal now:

Garths-MBP:~ Garth$ cd '/Users/Garth/Desktop/mrc-converter-suite' && /usr/bin/perl convert.pl keepassx '/Users/Garth/Downloads/keepass - edited for onepassword.csv' -v
    syntax error at line 1, column 0, byte 0: (#1)
    Uncaught exception from user code:

syntax error at line 1, column 0, byte 0:
    Test 1,testwebsite.com,testusername,testpw,test notes
    ^
    at /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.18/darwin-thread-multi-2level/XML/Parser.pm line 187.
    XML::Parser::parse('XML::Parser=HASH(0x7faf9c1ea3e0)', 'Test 1,testwebsite.com,testusername,testpw,test notes') called at /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.18/XML/XPath/XMLParser.pm line 75
    XML::XPath::XMLParser::parse('XML::XPath::XMLParser=HASH(0x7faf9f21aa18)') called at /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.18/XML/XPath.pm line 77
    XML::XPath::find('XML::XPath=HASH(0x7faf9c2074f8)', '//group') called at /Users/Garth/Desktop/mrc-converter-suite/./Converters/Keepassx.pm line 103
    Converters::Keepassx::do_import('/Users/Garth/Downloads/keepass - edited for onepassword.csv', undef) called at convert.pl line 171
    Garths-MBP:mrc-converter-suite Garth$

Also, technically I'm trying to convert a CSV export from KeepassXC - not sure if that would work with your KeePassX &/or KeePass 2 converters?

Thanks,
    Garth

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited May 2019

@GarthN ,

You're welcome.

Those multitudes of Keepass variations and names are quite unfortunate.

The keepass converter is for Keepass2 XML exports.

The keepassx converter is also for an XML export, which only version 0.4.3 supported (I haven't checked in a while).

I also haven't checked in a while, but if KeePassXC can export as a Keepass2 XML export, use that and use the keepass2 converter. If it can only export as CSV, export that way, and use the csv converter. Format/configure the CSV by adding the appropriate column labels as per the CSV section in the README.

• GarthN
    GarthN
    Community Member

Legend, that worked! I missed the CSV option sorry; I just looked directly for Keepass etc. Thanks again for your help, really appreciate it.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Cheers, @GarthN

Enjoy 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.