dark mode feature request 1PX Update??

Options

I'm sure this has been posted in the past but I didn't bother to search. Whats most important is whether there is any update on this? As a VERY long time user of 1password i kinda know how agilebits runs away from answering questions lol. So instead of the usual "we want this too" and "its in the pipeline, thanks for the vote" cryptic answers, can AB be blunt about whether its currently in development? is it being tested in alpha form or beta form? will it most likely be released in the next update or i should wait until 2037? Right now I love how everything is dark mode on my laptop but this 1PX is really tugging on my frustrations really hard! Please please please can AB give us simple and honest and direct answers about its implementation.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.15.2
OS Version: Mac Os 12
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @gregg12! You're right – we have gotten a couple of requests for dark mode in 1Password X, and I'm one of them. As much as I'd love to give you new information about the production of dark mode for 1Password X, I just don't have anything new to share. We've been working on some incredible new features, like Desktop App Integration and a brand new popup, that I know mean a lot to our users. I'm not sure where/when dark mode will come into play, but I can tell you that it's on our radar. It sounds like it would mean an awful lot to you, so I've passed the request along to the rest of my team as well.

ref: x/b5x-592

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The 1Password desktop extension doesn't have any UI at all; the desktop app does, and there is only a "dark mode" in that on macOS because that's something the OS itself supports. As mentioned above, a dark UI is something we'd like in 1Password X as well, but I hardly think that should take precedence over everything else, e.g. "on the next update".

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gregg12: I've merged your posts here so we're not having the same conversation in multiple places, as that just slows down response time for everyone asking questions in the forum -- including you.

It wasn't clear from your other comments, but I see here that you're running macOS. As I mentioned in passing earlier, our Mac desktop app supports macOS dark mode, so if you use its companion extension that will appear dark as well:

https://support.1password.com/1password-extension/

You can download it here:

https://1password.com/downloads/#browsers

I hope this helps. :)

• ag_michaelc
    edited April 2021
    Options

Hey all!

Michael here, from the extensions support team at 1Password! 👋

I wanted to follow up and let you know that we are actively working on support for Dark Mode for 1Password in the browser. This is currently available in beta, if you’d like to experience this sooner rather than later. Our betas are reliable for day-to-day usage, but your help would be most appreciated in case we missed any rough edges before we release this to all 1Password users. 🙂

Thanks again for asking for this and helping us make the 1Password experience better for all users.

Michael

This discussion has been closed.