Larger editable notes field

In adding/editing login entries, the notes field in the dialog box is only 4 lines high. This is really small, and it would be nice if this field would also resize if you resize the dialog box. Right now, resizing the dialog only resizes the Name/Value/Type/Designation table box.

I have a note that's currently 92 lines long, and it's really hard to edit in a 4-line window.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, AJ!

While Secure Notes were never intended for very long documents — hence "Notes" rather than "Documents" in their title — I'll mention this to the developers. You might consider attaching your documents as files rather than inserting them directly if they are very long and require more extensive viewing and editing capabilities. 1Password will likely never be a very good text editor compared to opening a text file in your favorite editor. :)

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.
  • Thanks.

Documents won't work, because I also need to easily view them on my iPhone. However, I don't really need extensive editing capabilities -- I either change a line or two, or add more lines at the end.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I'm not aware of a similar program for Windows, but I know that there is a program called QuickCursor for Mac which allows you to edit the contents of any text field in your favorite text editor. It's super handy. A quick Google search turned up this MetaFilter thread which seems to indicate that no such program exists for Windows (at least a couple years ago anyway). But there is a neat suggestion related to AutoHotKey:

http://ask.metafilter.com/147534/Can-I-assign-a-systemwide-external-editor-in-Windows

I can't vouch for it, but it may be something you are interested in for editing the text in 1Password's text fields (or anywhere else on your system) in an more powerful editor.

As I said above, I've passed your suggestion along to the developers! I hope that helps in the meantime. :D
  • I second this request. In fact this is one of the only areas of 1Password which I find frustrating.

I would like to be able to resize the edit window to show more than 4 lines. A handle on the bottom right of the window allowing it be resized on the fly, and which would increase the size of the notes field would make this product much better IMO.

[img]http://www.devbuzz.com/5-11-2012 11-40-39 AM.png[/img]
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, devbuzz! We really appreciate the feedback. I'll make sure the developers are aware of your request.

If we can be of further assistance in the meantime, please let us know. We are always here to help!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for letting us know!
This discussion has been closed.