Chrome password autofill overelaps 1Password

Options

On most sites chrome still offers to fill passwords, even though 1pass is set to manage passwords in chrome.
How do I completely disable the chrome feature? It's driving me nuts. All other "filling services" has also been disabled.

Is there a flag i can use to completely disable chrome password fill?

Chrome; Version 74.0.3729.169

1Password Version: 1.15.2
Extension Version: 1.15.2
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Cloud
Referrer: forum-search:Chrome password autofill overelaps 1Password

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @cskjetne – it's funny you brought this us because I've run into the same thing!

For our English speakers visiting the forum, here's the screenshot of Chrome's password preferences in English:

What I've learned is that while you may have the setting disabled for Chrome to "Offer to save passwords," it'll still suggest passwords that you already have saved. That means you'll have to delete each password you currently have saved in Chrome to get the results you're looking for. Unfortunately, that's a tedious task if you have many passwords. Hopefully you just have a few so it won't take up too much of your time!

• cskjetne
    cskjetne
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @kaitlyn

A quicker solution was to log out of chome (with my google account), log back in and simply not syncronize the passwords. Works like a charm now.

Thanks for guiding me down the right path

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's smart, @cskjetne. I'm glad to hear it! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.