1Password Can't Distinguish Between a Website and a Credit Card

Options

Example: I have a CitiBank credit card, which means I also have a CitiBank account on their website.

When I'm on the sign-in page of the CitiBank website, and I open the 1Password Chrome web extension, it shows the entry for both the website and the credit card. Unless I remembered to call one 'Bank' and the other 'Credit Card' I can't tell which is which.

If I'm on the CitiBank website, on their sign-in page, and I click in the username or password field, why does 1Password show information for the credit card?

1Password Version: none
Extension Version: 1.15.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:1Password Can't Distinguish Between a Website and a Credit Card

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @BulldogX – thanks for the report. 1Password should be able to distinguish the difference between a sign-in field and a credit card field unless the site was built much differently than the rest of the web. With Citi, in particular, I wasn't able to reproduce the behavior you're seeing. Just to double check, are you attempting to sign in at https://online.citi.com/US/login.do? If you're using a different URL, just let me know so I can do my test in the right place.

When you open up the 1Password X popup while visiting Citi's website, you will be suggested your Citi Login at the top along with your Credit Card and Identity items below that (Credit Card and Identity items are currently suggested at all times). In the inline menu (located underneath the field you want to fill), on the other hand, you should be suggested an item based on what type of field it is. For example, when I click inside the username or password field on the URL I provided above, 1Password indicates it's a sign-in field, and therefore suggests the relevant Login item (see photo below).

I'm curious what your inline menu looks like if you're being suggested both a Login and a Credit Card item. If you could provide a screenshot, that would be awesome. Just make sure to blur out any personal information since this is a public forum.

This discussion has been closed.