Safari Extension for iPad6 (12.3) and iPhone (12.2) Missing

tutupapi
tutupapi
Community Member

I have download the 1Password app on both my iPad and iPhone. I can open the app and access my account (see the vaults and websites that I have saved with log in and password). But when I try to log in form any of those saved password links, it does not fill in the log in name or password. When I went on line to see what I could learn, I find instructions on how to enable the Safari extensions--but I can't follow those instructions as the extension doesn't appear in Safari (More-share). I can't find anywhere to separaently download the extensions; I only find the 1Password app to download which I have already done. How to I get the extension added to my iPhone and iPad so that 1Password will fill in the log in and password information automatically when I have the app open?

This is a frustrating way to get support from 1Password--have to post a question, hope someone answers someday. No ability to have a back-and-forth discussion/guidance on how to fix the problem. 1Password's support isn't getting high marks from me so far.

1Password Version: current (just download)
Extension Version: can't find it
OS Version: 12.3 iPad and 12.2 iPhone
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:safari extension for iPhone and ipad

Comments

• Hi @tutupapi,

We make every effort to respond to all questions within 24 hours. You've made mention of "hoping someone answers" in each of your posts... but we've responded to you within a couple of hours in each case. :) In any event, with regard to your question... please be sure you are looking at the bottom row of icons (the black and white ones, not the color ones) for 1Password. It'll be under the "more" button there:

[Here's the link to the video.](https://bucket.agilebits.com/tmp/ben//safariExtensioniOS.mov)

But really I'd highly recommend taking a look at the Password AutoFill feature in iOS 12. That's going to be the best way, generally, to fill logins into web pages and apps on iOS:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

Does that help? Please let me know.

Ben

• tutupapi
    tutupapi
    Community Member

Thanks, Ben, for your responses. Sorry about my frustrations--but I find the FORUM way of asking a question and getting tech help to be slow and not helpful at the moment. I have read a lot of the HELP items on the website and watched the videos, but there is no clear clear guide on all the steps that need to be taken (and in what order) on different devices to set up 1Password and make it fully functional. So I get one thing figured out, and then another problem comes up (that hasn't been mentioned anywhere), and then I have to go searching for what I am supposed to do to fix that problem--and then learn that it was just a step in the process that should have been made clear from the beginning. It seems that the application presumes that the user understands how the program works and what needs to be done, which may often be the case, but not always. Some people, like me, who have had no experience with a password manager need more basic step-by-step guidance to understand how the program operates and the specific steps that have to be done (and why) to set it up, and then clear directions to make use of all its functions--without having to search for information along the way.

Anyway, thanks to your help, I was able to find where to turn on the 1Password in Safari. However, on my iPhone and iPad, when I click on a web link in 1Password for a sign-in that has a saved log-in and Password (and that works on my iMac), the program is still not filling either the login box or the password. So, I can't directly login to any of the saved websites from my phone or iPad--I just get the login page with blanks that I have to fill in. So I am clearly still missing some step in the process to be able to automatically to have my log in and password filled in by 1Password on my iPhone and iPad.

Any idea what step I missed or what I doing something wrong?

I am sure you can understand that if we were in a CHAT or on the phone right now, this would be much faster for both of us. You could tell me what to do, I could do it, and we could see if that fixed the problem. And if not, you would be there to tell me what else to do and explain it as we went along--rather than this FORUM approach. You will write back and tell me to do something, and then I will have to write back and ask another question if that doesn't fix the problem . . . and something that could have been dealt with quickly in a CHAT or on the phone take several days.

But I will now quit complaining about that, since that aspect of 1Passport's "service" isn't going to change and I will have to just be patient with how cumbersome it is to get support for the 1Passport service/application.

I appreciate your help.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2019

@tutupapi

I am sure you can understand that if we were in a CHAT or on the phone right now, this would be much faster for both of us. You could tell me what to do, I could do it, and we could see if that fixed the problem. And if not, you would be there to tell me what else to do and explain it as we went along--rather than this FORUM approach. You will write back and tell me to do something, and then I will have to write back and ask another question if that doesn't fix the problem . . . and something that could have been dealt with quickly in a CHAT or on the phone take several days.

A few comments on this:

1. None of your questions have taken several days to be addressed. In fact most of them have been answered within a few hours, or even minutes.
    2. A number of the questions we deal with are quite technical. In these cases responses may take a while because it takes a while to review diagnostics, logs, screenshots, etc and to prepare a response. These sorts of things don't flow well on the phone or in a chat. It would be a painful experience on both ends to have to put someone on hold for half an hour or more to weed through their logs or consult with a colleague. Even if/when we do offer such an option we'll likely need to limit it to simple questions about billing and "how to" and keep troubleshooting to the forum / email.
    3. The posts in this forum are public, so everyone can benefit from them. In helping one customer resolve an issue we might actually help a number who are having the same problem. In this way the forum can be very efficient.
    4. We'd love to offer more options for contacting support. We do already offer this forum, email, and social media (particularly Twitter) as options. But a more "real-time" option would be great. Unfortunately while we've grown our team exponentially to keep up with customer demand we still aren't in a position where we would have enough resources to do this.

Anyway, thanks to your help, I was able to find where to turn on the 1Password in Safari. However, on my iPhone and iPad, when I click on a web link in 1Password for a sign-in that has a saved log-in and Password (and that works on my iMac), the program is still not filling either the login box or the password. So, I can't directly login to any of the saved websites from my phone or iPad--I just get the login page with blanks that I have to fill in. So I am clearly still missing some step in the process to be able to automatically to have my log in and password filled in by 1Password on my iPhone and iPad.

Any idea what step I missed or what I doing something wrong?

Please try navigating to the website you want to log in to using Safari, and then using Password AutoFill to fill your credentials. The guide at the bottom of my above post should help with getting that set up. Does that work?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.