1Password7 won't open

gbdownes
gbdownes
Community Member

Everything was working fine as it has for the last couple years, and then I updated 1Password7 on my iMac running 10.14.5. It starts to open but then quickly shuts down. When it is working, I do not have a iPassword membership but instead have a license stored on Dropbox. At any rate, after the attempted opening, I eventually get the following problem report:

Process: 1Password 7 [9618]
Path: /Applications/1Password 7.app/Contents/MacOS/1Password 7
Identifier: 1Password 7
Version: 7.2.6 (70206001)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: 1Password 7 [9618]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2019-05-28 09:33:17.710 -0400
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.14.5 (18F132)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: B871EDBC-8A2F-3ACA-145D-58006EF97F88

Time Awake Since Boot: 52000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @gbdownes

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble launching 1Password. When these crashes occur you should be given the opportunity to submit them, after filling in your name, email address, and any comments. Have you been submitting them? If so I can ask our development team to look them up and see if we are aware of a workaround or solution. If you haven't thus far, please do, and in the comments section please include this link:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/104132/1password7-wont-open#latest

Thanks!

Ben

• gbdownes
    gbdownes
    Community Member

I have the opportunity to submit the error reports to Apple, and I have been doing that, but there's no opportunity to fill out my name, e-mail address, etc. to send them to your development team.

• Okay. Let's try a different approach then. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/104132/1password7-wont-open#latest
    • Your forum username: gbdownes

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.