Delta login breaks iframe loading

I've seen the delta login screen brought up in a number of different discussions. An additional field is required when you login, and the only way to capture that is to save the login from the login screen. There is no way to manually add additional form fields to a manually created entry.

The problem with the delta page is that the inline menus never show up. I brought up the dev tools, and I was able to determine that the iframes that display the menus don't get the src attribute properly set. The new iframe elements are created, but the src is just "[slash][slash]javascript[colon][semicolon]"

1Password Version: 1PasswordX 1.4.13
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @chasepeeler – welcome to the forum! Delta's a tricky one, so I'm glad you brought it up. It does look like there's something preventing the inline menu from being visible. Exactly what that is, I'm not sure, but we've got it on our developers' radar. As far as filling your last name goes, I believe I've found a workaround for that. I'm curious if you happen to have the 1Password desktop app installed. The reason I ask is because there's a way to edit the Saved Form Details of an item and alter how filling works under the hood. That'd be helpful in this case, so let me know. :)

I also wanted to add that the version of 1Password X you mentioned in your original post is 1.4.13, but I don't think we ever released that version string. I looked back at our changelog and couldn't find it. I'd suggest updating to the current version, 1.15.2.

ref: x/b5x-820

• chasepeeler
    chasepeeler
    Community Member

@kaitlyn - It's more than just a visibility issue. Like I said, the src of the iframe was showing as just the javascript thing. I compared with another login screen, and it had an actual chrome extension link (chrome://...). I copied and pasted that into the iframe src attribute on the delta page, and it the menu showed up. I was even able to click on the "Save Login" option, which triggered the save login dialog iframe to get created. This had the same issue though with the src. It appears the url contains some sort of identifier, because if I copy the src from that iframe in the login screen that works, and then save the login information, it saves the information for the page where I was copying from.

Typo, I have 1.14.3. I'll upgrade it.

I do have the desktop app (or I did, I can always install it again if I don't). Right now I'm at work on a PC. At home I have a Mac.

• chasepeeler
    chasepeeler
    Community Member

Also, the last name USED to fill in for me, even though it's initially hidden. The 1password record shows the webform field as lastname. Both the name and id attributes for that field are lastName, though. I was thinking that might be why it doesn't fill it in anymore, but, I couldn't figure out how to change the name of the webfield. I do see that the desktop app at least lets me edit the values for the web form details section, but, it still doesn't let me add a new field or modify the name of an existing one.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your detailed response, @chasepeeler. You should be able to edit the Web Form Details in your Delta Login item by clicking the Edit button and scrolling down a tad. To edit an existing value, click on the text and start typing. My Web Form Details look like my screenshot below:

I manually added in the lastName value, and that caused 1Password to fill the field after it appears. Were you able to edit your item so that it looks like the above screenshot (only with your own credentials)?

• chasepeeler
    chasepeeler
    Community Member

I forgot to try it when I get home on my Mac. I did try it on my PC at work, but like I said, I can't figure out a way to do anything with the web form details except modify the values. I need to be able to modify the name of the field and/or add new fields.

My form looks a bit different than yours as well.

The button says "Hide web form details" instead of "Hide Saved Form Details" and I don't have the option to pick the type of field either. I've confirmed I can't update the field names or add new fields using the windows app (7.3.684), iOS app (7.3.1), or the web interface (https://my.1password.com). I'll try and remember to check the Mac desktop app tonight.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@chasepeeler: The field names are not modifiable because they're saved directly from the page. That way 1Password knows how to fill on that page next time. It's possible we'll bring full editing to the new Windows app in the future...but honestly that doesn't scale: expecting each individual user to manually tweak this stuff for themselves. So our focus is on improving 1Password's saving and filling for all users. If you'll let us know the specifics, most of which you've omitted from your posts, we can investigate and try to do just that:

• Any and all URLs where you're trying to save or fill a Login item
    • Exact OS version(s) you're using on all devices
    • Exact 1Password version(s) you're using on all devices
    • Exact extension versions you're using on all devices
    • Exact steps you're taking and what is (or is not) happening as you expect

We'll be happy to look into it. :)

• chasepeeler
    chasepeeler
    Community Member

@brenty - The existence of the ability to have more control over the fields in the "Web Form Details" section wouldn't force or require any users to manage things in that section if they didn't want to. It would be there to allow users additional control if they needed it. Scalability doesn't come into play - additional control over manually editing those fields isn't mutually exclusive with better capturing of the fields to begin with. Perhaps you add a warning that says "Don't mess with these unless you know what you are doing - you might break something!"

Now, I can understand that you have finite development resources. In that sense there might be a trade-off between developing better form capturing capabilities and extending the editing abilities of fields already captured. I can also understand that the demand for editing those fields might be low, which is even less incentive to dedicate a development resource to doing it.

In this instance, I think @kaitlyn has a good idea of what I'm dealing with it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@chasepeeler: I'm not going to argue with you. Your proposed solution simply isn't available today. So my focus is on finding something else that could help in the present or future. If you'll let us know the specifics, I'll test it to see if there's a workaround I can offer you and find a way to improve 1Password in a future update. Otherwise we're just talking past each other, with only you having the information I need to try to help you, unless you provide it. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.