How can I reduce clutter from pre-determined categories?

Options

Is there way to reduce the number of fields automatically created when using a specific category. Example there are 27 fields when I create an identity... "Yahoo" and "AOL/AIM" are still included. The know if they are not filled they don't show when not editing, but when I go to edit I have to scroll through all the unused (useless) fields. When using on an iphone or laptop screen this is a total pain. I run into this same issue with most of the templates. It is by far the most frustrating thing about 1Password. I've even be happy if we could simple delete the unused fields...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:change or add category template

Comments

• gazu
    gazu
    Community Member
    Options

You can't remove those categories.

This was actually discussed by somebody who reviewed 1Password:

Some fields, like name, address, and telephone, always appear. You can click the red-circled minus icon in front of optional fields to remove them, if you're sure you'll never use them. With the demise of AOL Instant Messenger there's no point in storing an AIM screen name, for example, and few people still use ICQ.

https://www.pcmag.com/review/332752/agilebits-1password

I doubt 1Password will remove them any time soon because doing so would be difficult (there are multiple platforms) and any change could cause user data to be malformed or lost.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dcollins4131,

Thank you for getting in touch!

gazu is right, it is not possible to remove those fields at the moment. I agree, not a lot of people still use AOL/AIM or ICQ in 2019, so I will make sure pass this suggestion to our team. We are always looking at ways to improve 1Password, so thank you again for your feedback. It is really appreciated. :chuffed:

Please let me know if you have any other questions, I will be happy to help. Thank you!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.