Trouble when trying to add new account to iOS app

mhardesty
mhardesty
Community Member

I recently signed up for a subscription so that I could get my laptop and devices back into sync using 1password instead of Dropbox, and still avoiding upgrading my laptop, which would make a program I use inoperable. Now that I have the account, I cannot get my phone to add the account. I tried adding the account by scanning the QRC code and entering new password, but the screen just hangs, with a spinning wheel, after I hit "Sign in." Please help! My iOS 1 Password app is updated and the iOS version is 12.1.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.4.90
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox/membership

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2019

Hi @mhardesty

Is your data currently on 1Password.com? If you sign in at https://my.1password.com/ are you able to see it? If so I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the 1Password for iOS app and then trying again:

1Password on the iTunes App Store

and still avoiding upgrading my laptop

I understand your situation but I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that as a security focused company we'd always recommend running the latest versions of all of your software, but especially your operating system, your web browser(s), and 1Password.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• donwlms
    donwlms
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue as mhardesty. I tried deleting and reinstalling the IOS app as you advised but still seeing the same issue. FYI, I used iCloud previously with 1P v6 which I am able to successfully connect to.

• Hi @donwlms

Please try reproducing the issue (get 1Password into a state where the screen is hung, with the spinning wheel) and then use this link to send us a diagnostic report from the iOS device:

onepassword://diagnostics

When you email that report in you should get a support ID back from BItBot soon after sending it. Please post that ID here.

Thanks!

Ben

• MJ2018
    MJ2018
    Community Member

I too am unable to access my account after the iOS update installed last night. I have send diagnostics as suggested. Other devices working fine.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MJ2018: Can you be more specific? What do you mean by "unable to access my account"? Are you getting an error of some kind?

• MJ2018
    MJ2018
    Community Member

As with the original post, "but the screen just hangs, with a spinning wheel, after I hit "Sign in." "
    I emailed the report, as per instruction above.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2019

@MJ2018: That person was running a very old version of 1Password, and an outdated version of iOS, so if what you're experiencing is related to an update, it's a completely different issue -- which is why I asked for more details.

• MJ2018
    MJ2018
    Community Member

Well, this morning, having been unable to connect last night, I find that I have access without doing anything further... Ho hum. Thanks for persisting with your questions. All well currently.

• Strange, but glad to hear it is working. Please keep an eye on it and let us know if you have any further difficulty.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.