I can not install 1password on my notebook computer. I need someone to talk me through this.

lhguthrie
lhguthrie
Community Member
edited May 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have followed the instructions on installing 1Password on my windows 10 notebook. I don't know my sign-in address. how do I find it. It see https://my.1password.com on my emergency kit but it just doesn't work. I would really like a phone call [removed by 1Password staff -- this is a public forum]. I am 68 years old and need real help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I can not install 1password on my notebook computer. I need someone to talk me through this.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lhguthrie: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the difficulty! We do not have a call center, and the reality is that it isn't feasible to exchange technical information or detailed instructions via voice. We help you here or via email if you prefer -- support@1password.com -- and that allows you to gather information and/or follow instructions at your own pace. I used to work in a call center, and literally had to call an ambulance for customers on a number of occasions because they fell trying to juggle the phone and their devices, and navigate things to check something for me. I felt terrible, but it was much more unpleasant for them. So this is really best.

Unfortunately, at this point, without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the exact OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, when you say "it just doesn't work", what are you referring to specifically? Are you receiving an error message? Please clarify what you're seeing. If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.