1Password on new iPad

tbarbaro
tbarbaro
Community Member

I have an existing account. On the settings page on "iPad existing" there is a pro features section. On "iPad new" that option does not exist and I cannot find anyway to sync with iCloud.

What do I need to do?

1Password Version: 7.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 12.3.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tbarbaro: It sounds like you setup the new iPad with a 1Password membership account. In that case, there is no sync confirmation (hence, no iCloud option, as the 1Password subscription service handles that), and no Pro upgrade option (since that is included with the subscription). Do you have your data in your 1Password membership account?

• tbarbaro
    tbarbaro
    Community Member

I think that I have both a standalone license and a subscription license.

• Okay. If you sign in at https://my.1password.com/ in a web browser do you see all of your data, including any recent changes? If you do I'd recommend:

1. Print an Emergency Kit: Get to know your Emergency Kit
    2. Write your Master Password in on it
    3. Uninstall 1Password for iOS from all devices
    4. Reinstall 1Password: 1Password on the iTunes App Store
    5. Use the Emergency Kit to sign in to your membership on each device

If you use 1Password on a Mac or Windows PC as well please delete the "Primary" vault there: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• tbarbaro
    tbarbaro
    Community Member

When I sign in at my.1password.com I only see the items that are synced to the new iPad. The new iPad was initialized from the bar code in the emergency kit.

My old iPad and my iPhone see everything.

• tbarbaro
    tbarbaro
    Community Member

Also if I delete my primary vault (in iCloud) I will be deleting most of my passwords.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tbarbaro: Then be sure to move items you need from the old Primary vault to your 1Password membership account's Personal/Private vault before removing the Primary vault.

• tbarbaro
    tbarbaro
    Community Member

Thanks. It is working now.

• Glad to hear that @tbarbaro. Thanks for the update. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.