Data do not synced between Mac and iOS

Options
Lamberk
Lamberk
Community Member

Hi!

1password data did not sync between Mac and iOS (although i logged in on both devices with same 1password account)

Also, i have the same problem with Windows iOS sync. Seems like there is a some kind of problem with data created on iOS.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.4.90
OS Version: macOS Mojave Version 10.14.4 (18E226)
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:sync with iphone

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Lamberk! I'm sorry for the trouble. I noticed you listed your sync type in our additional questions as "iCloud." If you have a 1password.com account, your sync will be via the 1password.com servers, not iCloud or Dropbox or any other 3rd party sync service. I'm wondering if perhaps that isn't part of the problem here? Look in 1Password on all your devices: do you see a vault called "Primary" on any of them (particularly on your iPhone)? If so, then that's likely to be what's happening: you still have a standalone (Primary) vault there, and you're saving data into that...so of course it doesn't sync via your 1password.com account to your other devices -- because Primary isn't a part of your 1password.com account. Let me know what you discover.

• Lamberk
    Lamberk
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, seems like you are right!

I have 2 vaults on my iPhone: Komarov Valentin/Personal and Primary. (also, Primary is used to save new login on iPhone and i can change this behaviour)

But could you suggest what is the best way to merge these vaults?

Thanks in advance,
    VK

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Lamberk - glad we narrowed that down. :) There are a couple of ways to go about merging the contents of the vaults, and the "best" way to do it will depend on several factors, including your tolerance for potential data loss, data duplication, how long the vault contents have been dissimilar, your willingness to sort manually through things, and a few others.

The easiest way to do it would be to just use these instructions on your iPhone to move the items from your Primary vault (all of them) into the Personal vault of your 1password.com account. That will give you quite a few items that may or may not be duplicates, however. What I mean by that is: when you created the 1password.com account, you would've had the data as it existed at the time in your Primary vault, copied over into Personal in your account. By NOT deleting the Primary vault, you'll have had increasing differences between the contents of the two vaults, over time, as you've changed/added/deleted things in BOTH vaults. So if you simply copy over everything, you'll have a fair amount of manual sorting to do, to remove duplicates. Let me know if that sounds workable for you.

• Lamberk
    Lamberk
    Community Member
    Options

It helps!

Thank you.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Lamberk - awesome! Glad I was able to assist. :)

This discussion has been closed.