Where can I get the license version?

Options
enigma2k
enigma2k
Community Member

Hello,

I have read there is also a license version (one time payment) of 1Password available that will show up from the app but for me it only shows the subscription version which I'm not interested in.

Where can I purchase the license?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• peacekeeper
    peacekeeper
    Community Member
    Options

You can purchase the license only in the version you download from the 1password.com/downloads/mac website, not in the AppStore-Version. I hope that helps.

• enigma2k
    enigma2k
    Community Member
    Options

thank you! will I be able to use it with the iOS version?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@enigma2k: Each version is a separate purchase, unless you have a 1Password membership (since that includes all apps and updates).

• enigma2k
    enigma2k
    Community Member
    Options

ok, I have now downloaded the Mac version from your website and click on "buy 1Password", then "You need a license?...", then on "buy license" and I get a prompt that my account is frozen. I then click on "update payment information" which opens a new window where I can select the payment method and only the subscription method is available there. It is not possible to buy the license even though you stated so before.

Sorry guys, but this constant pushing into the subscription method is really annoying. I just want to buy the license and this won't even work even though you give us the option.

• peacekeeper
    peacekeeper
    Community Member
    Options

You cannot unfreeze an account with the purchase of a license. Either you want a license, then you need to transfer all your data to your primary vault and sync that via dropbox or icloud or another method. Then you need to delete the trial account you appearantly created from your app. Then you should be able to buy a license. Not letting you buy the license if there is an account set up in the app is actually quite thoughtful to avoid you paying double.

• enigma2k
    enigma2k
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! I've managed to buy it by just deleting the account. there should be a notification in the app about this issue... but I'm happy now! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I really don't think it would be smart of us to have the app tell people to delete their accounts, since the vast majority of people with them are using them to store important data. :tongue: Anyway, glad to hear you're all set! :)

This discussion has been closed.