To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Locked out

Options
netto777
netto777
Community Member
edited May 2019 in Memberships

Hi. I am 100% sure that I have the correct password to my 1Password account. I use it weekly at the latest, due to my new job. I just logged into a new Wifi today, and since then it's been issue after issue. Every time I close a window in Safari I am automatically logged out of whatever it was that I was doing. Facebook, Gmail etc. This has never happened before I used 1password, and now I'm starting to feel unsafe with this application on my machine. Is there a bug going on that I don't know about? I have the latest version, and am using a mac that was new two months ago.

When I try to log in now, 1Password is telling me it's the wrong password (the main password). I know I have the right one, but I have of course tried my other typical ones "just in case".

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Meek
    Options

Hey @netto777, I'm so sorry to hear about the troubles! Let's figure out what is going on.

First off, 1Password won't interfere with signing you out of websites that you visit, such as Facebook or Gmail. I'm not sure what is going on there, but it is likely something related to the websites in question, or to your security settings in Safari. 1Password doesn't have the ability to sign you out of a website.

Now, in terms of signing into your 1Password account, that does sound strange! Just to be clear, are you trying to sign into 1Password on the web, or in one of the apps? Are you able to access your 1Password account on any of your devices?

Let us know and we'll continue from there.

This discussion has been closed.