1Password X and 1Password app sharing data

Options
mzel
mzel
Community Member

I use 1Password in 3 incarnations at the same time: regular 1P app on the laptop, 1PX on the work desktop in Firefox, and the Android app on the phone. I still seem to struggle understanding how the data sharing among them works. Sometimes I do see changes to sync, and sometimes I do not. In the recent occurrence I've created a new entry for XXXX.com in the 1PX extension, and I see it on the phone, but not on the laptop.
I do see the myself signed into the 1P account in the Windows App, and there is the "Sign Out" button in the Accounts menu. I used to use a local vault a year ago, but that was on a different laptop. In Settings -> Vaults -> Show in All Vaults I see only a single vault named Personal and it is ticked off.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member
    Options

An update - 15 min later I do see that entry on the laptop as well...

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mzel,

Thank you for the update! I am glad to hear that it synced.

When you have 1Password account, the sync should be seamless for you. However, if it is taking longer than expected, please try to lock/unlock 1Password 7 for Windows the next time it happens. It will force sync in the app. Let me know if it works for you. Thank you!

If you have any other questions, please tell me, we are here to help. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member
    Options

yes, but this time it took about 3 times to sync. I definitely logged in more than once on the laptop. I did not explicitly logged out tho. I was timed out.

• It could have been a connection problem, @mzel, but that's not something we can tell for sure without a closer look. Is this something that happens commonly? Any common threads between cases – where the slow syncing item is created, what device seems to be left out of the loop, anything of that sort? We can definitely take a closer look (and should if this happens more than once in a blue moon), but knowing more about the trends you've observed (if any) will help us know where we should start looking. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.