Firefox extension not working after updating everything today

Options
Betsy
Betsy
Community Member

I've been out of town for a week and just got back to my computer (Macbook). 1Password told me there was an update so I updated. After that I noticed that the icon for the extension was blinking between normal and greyed out, so I updated the extension, and Firefox (to 67.0 64 bit). Still blinking. Since I can't seem to figure out how to generate a new password from the app (after 5 hours on the road), this is a real annoyance. What am I missing?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3 (70300020) 1Password Store
Extension Version: 4.7.4.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jfnixon
    jfnixon
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, I have the same symptoms. Blinking 1PW mini icon. Can't fill and login. Just started.

• Betsy
    Betsy
    Community Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

I just got a popup notification saying something like "1Password won't fill anything in a browser signed by an unknown developer". Since when is Mozilla unknown, lol.

The good news is that the icon is no longer blinking. The bad news is that clicking on it does nothing (I get the usual options if I right-click).

• 4G1Le
    4G1Le
    Community Member
    Options

Reinstall 1P with the Installer here (https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM7) solved the same problem with Safari and Firefox on Mojave for me.

• JP_AoT
    JP_AoT
    Community Member
    Options

I have exactly the same problem after update to exactly the same levels. I managed to get the 1Password icon in the toolbar active, but the mini window just flashes up and disappears before it is possible to see it, never mind use it. Looks like the update is well and truly broken for Firefox.

• JP_AoT
    JP_AoT
    Community Member
    Options

Well, having just awoken my iMac from sleep, the extension now works OK. Didn't restart Firefox since earlier, so most odd.

• Betsy
    Betsy
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I reinstalled the app and the extension, and the only change is that the extension icon is blinking again. Guess I'll just have to wait until a fix comes out. There are worse things!

• jfnixon
    jfnixon
    Community Member
    Options

Other posts had suggestions to reboot, and that did fix the problem. Enabled Little Snitch, still good, so I guess I'm fine now.

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks. I'm sorry for the trouble. Generally a reboot should resolve this but if it does not please let us know.

Ben

• Betsy
    Betsy
    Community Member
    Options

I rebooted, and it seemed nothing had changed. Then I clicked on 1P Preferences, and suddenly got the mini window (which, since it's new, I almost over looked). Opened a site with a login, and it worked as expected. Hooray! Thanks for all the suggestions, guys.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @Betsy. Glad to hear it is working now. :+1:

Ben

• davekonopka
    davekonopka
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having similar issues. Restarting the system and reinstalling the Firefox add on have not helped.

Whenever I click the add on icon nothing comes up. Form fill-in doesn't work either. I've removed the add on and reinstalled it. I've restarted the system but it's still not working. I also tried replacing the add one with 1Password X in Firefox. That worked but some of the features aren't compatible with how I use 1Password on a daily basis so that's not an option for me.

Is there anything else I can try?

I'm running on the desktop:
    1Password 7
    Version 7.3.1.BETA-0 (70301000)
    1Password Beta

And the add on:

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@davekonopka - what version of Firefox are you using? If it's not the current one, please update. If it IS the current one, please delete/reinstall Firefox and let us know how that works for you.

This discussion has been closed.