"expiry date" Field Isn't Actually a Date

Options
omf22
omf22
Community Member

For certain item types, the expiry date field isn't actually a date - it's a month/year field. This applies to the Driver License and Membership items, but may also apply to other types. I'm not about to suggest that this is an authoritative source, but it looks like all 51 U.S. driver licenses have an expiration date, not an expiration month/year. And most have issue dates (although some are month/year).

I stumbled on a stale thread that discusses very similar concerns, but I didn't see any resolution to the issues that were raised. If the boilerplate fields provided for each item type were more flexible, this probably wouldn't be an issue.

The only workaround I've found so far is to create a duplicative custom field to capture the expiry date as a date. But then I miss out on the notifications like:

This {item type} will expire on {expiry date}. If you've renewed it, enter your updated information.

That's a pretty lame tradeoff for having/needing a specific date.

Would it be possible to make both the month/year and date fields the same type... but always make the day-of-month field optional?

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• Hi @omf22 ,

Thanks for taking the time to write in with feedback. I understand and agree the workaround of creating a custom date is not a complete workaround. I can't promise a solution today, but I will pass your request along to the development team to changing the date.

Regards,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.