What's going on with the mini?

Options
Annamarie Pluhar
Annamarie Pluhar
Community Member

I can't open any of my vaults, I just get a prompt to add chrome extension - which I already have! I saw this on a client's computer too so I l know it's not just me. Am going to reboot whole computer but since I'm here am finishing the message.

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: membership

Comments

• Hi @Annamarie Pluhar ,

There is an issue that prevents the extension from working immediately following an update. If you restart your Mac, it should clear it up. We're working on a fix for an upcoming update. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused - we'll get the fix out as soon as possible.

Regards,
    Kevin

• Annamarie Pluhar
    Annamarie Pluhar
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it cleared it up. Couldn't you add a text string to the update message that tells people they'll need to reboot?

• Annamarie Pluhar
    Annamarie Pluhar
    Community Member
    Options

• Annamarie Pluhar
    Annamarie Pluhar
    Community Member
    Options

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yes it cleared it up. Couldn't you add a text string to the update message that tells people they'll need to reboot?

@Annamarie Pluhar: Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that all is well again. To answer your question, we could do that, but then potentially millions of people would be rebooting for no reason. What you're seeing there doesn't mean "you have to reboot". All 1Password knows is that it can't connect. There are many, many things that can cause that -- first and foremost not having the extension installed at all, hence the message you see there.

Anyway, I hope that helps clarify. It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.