Re-prompt password for some websites

Options

Hello,

I am trying out 1password as a replacement for lastpass, that I have been using for 5+ years.

One feature that I found very useful is that I can tell lastpass to re-prompt me on certain websites/passwords, if I haven't entered my master password in X amount of time.

I use this because different sites have different level of security. While all my passwords are different and randomly generated for security reasons. I don't really care if someone logs into this forum from my computer. While I care a lot of they get access to my banking or email.

Therefore, some of my passwords are mainly secured by my laptop password. (E.g if you managed to log onto my computer / found it unlocked / etc you have access to some of my lastpass passwords). However, you would not have access to my banking passwords or email

This is very convenient, because I don't have to re-enter my password 90% of the time. Even if I restart my computer. But in the 10% of cases it is important, I can quickly enter my memorised master password.

Reading the last post where this was brought up (3 years ago). It seemed like 1password was against this idea.

Has this changed?
What are the reasons for not allowing this option, for users who wish to have it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there, @rosavage! Thanks for the detailed post. I'm afraid the answer you found from a few years ago remains true – adding that kind of granularity to items isn't in our plans at the moment, but we appreciate the request. :)

This discussion has been closed.