Password Generator - functionality getting worse?

Options
rr326
rr326
Community Member

This also applies to 1Password X.

It seems the password generator feature is changing? For the worse? Is the separate feature actually gone now? And all I can do is use the default selected password, with no control over length? If so, this seems much worse to me.

Why I want more control over my passwords:

• Sometimes you get it wrong - For instance, the password suggested for Zunni Optical is too long, and now I have no way to use 1p to suggest a pw.
  • If I use a 20 digit auto suggested pw and I ever need to manually enter it, that really sucks. (And yes, sometimes you need to.) And 10 random digits is more than secure enough for most any site.
  • If I want to create a password for something else, now I can't use 1p for that.

If I'm right and the functionality is gone, this is quite frustrating. Now I have to go find another password generator app or plugin just for that tiny feature you used to have. This doesn't feel simpler to me.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Password Generator

Comments

• rr326
    rr326
    Community Member
    Options

Woops - Zenni Optical

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @rr326! I'm not sure what you mean by "is the separate feature actually gone now?" In 1Password for Mac 7.3's new mini, the length of the password can be adjusted using the slider indicated here:

...and you can still choose the wordlist generator by clicking "More Options" and changing the type drop-down to "Memorable Password." Hope that helps! :)

• rr326
    rr326
    Community Member
    Options

Ok - I get it. Its still there, but moved from a top-level feature to a sub feature. I just couldn't find it in the new location. Thanks for your help.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rr326 - yep, this was an intentional change. The overall goal is to allow the generation and filling of passwords in most circumstances with the least amount of fiddling with additional settings which often don't need to be changed. Glad I could help! :)

This discussion has been closed.