1Password6 to 1Password7 - Safari extension not autofilling

Options
MarkB_73
MarkB_73
Community Member

I have a full version of 1Password6 on MacOS, and all was working well. I have just installed 1Password7 to try it out before deciding to move to a subscription or not, but the Safari extension doesn't appear to work properly. TouchID etc is all working fine, but it no longer autofills the password field on the web page. The correct item is displayed, but I have to select copy in the popup fields and manually paste. I've tried six or so different sites, all with the same behaviour. Before upgrading these sites all worked as expected, autofilling all the fields.

I've checked the settings and cannot see anything obvious, can anyone help?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3 (70300019) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 7.3
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @MarkB_73! Please restart your Mac, then let us know if the problem persists.

• MarkB_73
    MarkB_73
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Lars, I have restarted my Mac and the issue is still occurring. Could the earlier version be causing a conflict?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MarkB_73 - if you still have 1Password 6 for Mac installed, then definitely it could. Please Quit 1Password and the Mini by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu), then open Activity Monitor (inside the Utilities folder in your main Applications folder) and search for 1pass. If you see any additional remaining 1Password processes running, quit them via Activity Monitor and the delete 1Password 6 for Mac. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to the Trash. Then try re-opening 1Password 7 for Mac and see if the problem persists.

• MarkB_73
    MarkB_73
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars - I followed your instructions and have removed the previous version. Same issue persists. I have also tried restarting the Mac.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MarkB_73 - ahhh, I think I see what might be going on here (and I missed previously): you've installed 1Password 7 for Mac from the Mac App Store. If you're using that version with standalone data, then that will be the reason you can't fill -- because 1Password 7 isn't paid for. Version 7 is an entirely new upgrade to the previous version, so there is no "free trial" of the app specifically. There's a 30-day free trial of 1password.com membership, which will then work with all of our 1Password apps...but no free trial of the app specifically. Do you see a "Read Only" badge on your items in detail view? If so, that's the issue.

• MarkB_73
    MarkB_73
    Community Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

@Lars - brilliant, thanks for the explanation. The items are indeed read-only. Also explains why the password for this forum didn't sync back to my iPad app. Thanks for the help!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MarkB_73 - glad I could help. :)

This discussion has been closed.