i logged in to my subscription on my iPad and all my data was duplicated.

robertkruse
robertkruse
Community Member

I then deleted the 1password app and when I tried to re-download it, I'm given the message that the app is not compatible with my first gen iPad mini. Is there an older version that I can reinstall?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.5
Sync Type: online account
Referrer: forum-search:i logged in to my subscription on my iPad and all my data was duplicated. I deleted the 1password app and when I tried to re-download it, I'm given the message that the app is not compatible with my first gen iPad mini.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @robertkruse! I'm sorry for the trouble. I'm also a little confused. Unlike 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store, we did not create a new SKU (new item) for 1Password 7 for iOS in the App Store. In other words, If you're using that old a version of iOS and hardware, you'll need to visit the purchase history and download the version you previously had installed from there, NOT from the main 1Password page on the App Store. Attempting to download from just the regular, front-page 1Password app in the App Store will give you the current version which, as you've discovered, you can't install.

There's another issue here, though: if you're using iOS 9.3.5, you'll be limited to 1Password 6 for iOS, which doesn't have support for 1Password accounts. So, if you've got a 1password.com membership/account, you won't be able to access your data even if you did download the older version that works on your device. If that's the case, you'll need to either reconcile yourself to not being able to access your 1Password data on your Gen 1 iPad mini, or get an updated device that can run at least iOS 12.

• robertkruse
    robertkruse
    Community Member

Thank you Lars. Since my phone and computer are more recent, they are working fine with the 1Password account. My computer was in the shop so I picked up my iPad mini that I hadn't used in a couple of years to give me a larger platform than my phone until the repair was completed. I was frustrated by not being able to access many websites that I frequent because many of the passwords in 1Password on the iPad were obsolete. Once I logged into my account on the iPad, I had many duplicate entries and I figured the easy way to get rid of what looked to me to be conflicting vaults was to delete the app, thereby deleting the data. And then reinstalling it. It clearly didn't work out that way! I am not surprised that this old hardware isn't supported. The iOS 9.3.5 version is the highest that the iPad will support. I'll shelve this hardware and hope I don't need to use it again. Thanks again for your quick reply.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@robertkruse - you're quite welcome, glad I was able to shed a little light on things, and let us know if you have any further questions or run into other difficulties. :)

This discussion has been closed.