How does 1Password handle Pop up login windows?

Options

Hello,
I am a new 1Password user (v 7.3.684) running Windows 10 and Firefox Quantum 67.0 (64-bit).
We have several internal web sites that have pop up login windows and I can't figure out how to get 1Password to work with them.
Here is an example

So I have to log in manually. Once I am logged in, just for the heck of it I click on the 1password icon on the browser and see that it finds a match for the userid/password I would like to use.

How can I set up 1password to handle the pop up window?
Thank you,
John

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 4.7.4.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:windows popup window login

Comments

• bundtkate
    edited June 2019
    Options

The companion extension can't fill basic auth (which is what those pop-up windows are), @JohnArnesen but! 1Password X can. Even better, the 1Password X team just introduced drag and drop support as well, so if there are any that give it trouble, you can drag your Login item from 1Password X to the pop-up window and it will fill username and password for you in one go, so even the manual option is similar. It is a bit of a different experience from the companion extension, so I'd suggest taking a minute to get to know 1Password X before taking the plunge, but I'd wager you'll find it a better experience with those pop-ups overall.

Of course, if that's still not working for you, let me know. Also, if you can include some additional detail about where things go wrong (are you unable to see the 1Password pop-up, for example), that'd be a great help in thinking up possible solutions for you. :+1:

• JohnArnesen
    JohnArnesen
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for that information. I will have a look at 1Password X and see how it works.

John

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JohnArnesen,

On behalf of Kate you are very welcome! :+1:

Let us know what you think about 1Password X, your feedback is appreciated. :) Thanks!

++
    Greg

• JohnArnesen
    JohnArnesen
    Community Member
    Options

Well,
    I installed 1PasswordX and it does not handle the popup login.
    Here is the amazon login showing the 1PasswordX icon so you can see it is installed

And here is a popup from the example in my first post that does not show the icon.

So it did not help with my popup login windows .

• My apologies, @JohnArnesen, I should have been a bit clearer. We can't have 1Password X draw in the fields for basic auth, but you can still fill there. In Chrome, you can fill from the extension pop-up – press Ctrl+Shift+X and select your Login item. Firefox currently doesn't allow extension pop-ups to display with basic auth windows up, so you'll need to use a Go & Fill there. It's actually much the same – instead of visiting the site then opening the 1Password X pop-up, open 1Password X first and just click the Login item you want to fill. It will open the page for you and fill the pop-up when it ... well, pops up. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.