Generate Password gone in v7.3? [use "+ Generate New Password"]

Options
2»

Comments

• RobH
    RobH
    Community Member
    Options

I'd rather answer 100 emails from users who are frustrated or confused about saved password items they don't recognize, then a single one from a user who trusted 1Password to save his/her data -- especially generated passwords -- and who thought that was what was happening, only to discover the password they'd generated was only copied but not saved...

Ok, I can understand that. Not losing a password is definitely the safer course of action. However, can there be some mechanism in 1P which allows me to discern which of these passwords were generated like this so I can easily identify them. Perhaps instead of placing them in the "Passwords" category, they're located in a "Generated Passwords" category to distinguish them from those I want to keep (in the Passwords category) and those that are simply a backup (for those of us that who like to keep the 1P database cleaner).

…you can also always click into any generated password directly and enter whatever additional characters you wish, to suit your taste or specific website requirements…

That's a good point. I guess I didn't realize I could edit the password that was generated before copying it. That helps, but not as fast as a combo generator. I usually choose words when I know I'll have to manually type the password, like on a phone, but tend to always choose the same numbers when I do it manually. Which is why a Random Memorable Words Plus Characters" generator would be nice. :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RobH - regarding your "Random Memorable Words Plus Characters," it's certainly something we can consider -- we're always looking to strike the right balance of usability and features in all aspects of 1Password, and the Password Generator is certainly one of the perennial hot topics. We've adjusted it multiple times over the course of 1Password's life so far and I'm sure we will again. Same for the idea regarding a Generated Passwords section. Thanks for taking the time to share your ideas with us, and have a great week. :)

This discussion has been closed.