Uninstall 1Password 7 on Windows 7?

Options

Hello,
I have had a paid version of 1Password 4.6.2.626 for quite a while and am happy with it.

Yesterday I decided to try 1Password 7 and now realize that I do not need its extra features, etc.
I now need to uninstall 1Password 7 but need to ensure that I do not "screw up" my version 4.

Is there a special procedure to do this or do I simply uninstall from the Windows control panel?

Any insight would be very appreciated.

Thank you!

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@quexpress: Nope, just uninstall 1Password 7 from Windows, and then install 1Password 4 again. However, I'd be interested to know what you were looking for in version 7 that it didn't do for you, as we're always working to improve it. And of course in the long term 1Password 4 will have more and more compatibility issues over time with browser and OS changes, so it would be better if version 7 is ready for you when you decide you're ready for it. Either way though, thanks for your support. :)

• quexpress
    quexpress
    Community Member
    Options

Do I need to re-install 1Password 4 although it has not been uninstalled?
    Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@quexpress: Oh. Well, I would have recommended uninstalling it before installing the new version, as they can conflict. I wonder if you had some issues because they were both trying to function at the same time, especially in the browser. Version 4 may work normally after removing version 7, but if not I would uninstall 4 and install a fresh copy. Let me know how it goes. :)

• quexpress
    quexpress
    Community Member
    Options

OK thanks! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome! We're if if you need anything else. :chuffed:

• quexpress
    quexpress
    Community Member
    Options

The extension in Firefox is grayed out.
    On the Add-ons Manager page, it says that its only allowed to run in private windows.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@quexpress: The 1Password desktop extension can definitely run outside of private windows. Do you maybe not have Native Messaging enabled in 1Password Help > Advanced?

• quexpress
    quexpress
    Community Member
    Options

I agree. It always has ... but this occurred for the first time a few minutes ago (after uninstalling 1Password 7).
    I'd hate top lose all my passwords (if I uninstall 1Password 4 and then re-install it).
    What can I say. I installed 1Password 4 or 5 years ago ... and it functioned flawlessly since then.
    I therefore forget all of the installation, back-up steps, etc. I'm getting older ... :'(

• quexpress
    quexpress
    Community Member
    Options

"The 1Password desktop extension can definitely run outside of private windows. Do you maybe not have Native Messaging enabled in 1Password Help > Advanced?"
    That was it! Thank you very much! Your insight and help has been very appreciated!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@quexpress: Any time! Glad that did the trick. :chuffed:

In case it helps in the future,

I'd hate top lose all my passwords (if I uninstall 1Password 4 and then re-install it).

Uninstalling the app has no affect on your data. That's stored separately. :sunglasses:

• quexpress
    quexpress
    Community Member
    Options

Got it! 8-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.