1Password chrome addon auto-locks even though the PC is active

The 1Password chrome add-on auto-locks after a certain amount of time (not sure where it is controlled) even though the system is active. I don't see any option from the add-on to change the time settings for auto-locks.
This is annoying and I have to enter my master password for auto-fill every time I hit Strg + #.

Is there a way to prevent the auto lock of the add-on as long indefinitely irrespective of the lock status of the PC?

Thanks in advance for your feedback,
Harish

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @harish_ravikumar,

If you use our standard extension, you can change auto-lock settings in 1Password 7 settings:

However, if you use 1Password X in your browser, its lock settings are controlled separately in extension settings:

Please let me know what you see there. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• harish_ravikumar
    harish_ravikumar
    Community Member

Hi @Greg

Many thanks for your detailed explanation. I have followed the steps you mentioned in my Desktop app and it worked just fine.

I have couple of other questions though, related to 1Password X chrome add-on.
    :: Whenever I close the browser and relaunch it, the X add-on gets locked. - Is it a normal behavior?
    :: The icons/logos I added via my desktop app is not reflecting in the X add-on? Is my account not synchronizing across all devices/app correctly or is it a bug?

Thanks upfront for your answers.
    Harish

• harish_ravikumar
    harish_ravikumar
    Community Member

Additional comment: I think it is a bug. Installed the add-on to Firefox and it did show all the icons I uploaded for my logins. When I clicked 'new look of 1Password', all my custom icons are gone.. Can someone fix this? Thanks!
    I don't know how to revert to old look where I can have my custom icons and logos.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Whenever I close the browser and relaunch it, the X add-on gets locked. - Is it a normal behavior?

This is correct behaviour, since 1Password X works entirely in your browser. If you restart your browser, 1Password X will be locked.

The icons/logos I added via my desktop app is not reflecting in the X add-on? Is my account not synchronizing across all devices/app correctly or is it a bug? Additional comment: I think it is a bug. Installed the add-on to Firefox and it did show all the icons I uploaded for my logins. When I clicked 'new look of 1Password', all my custom icons are gone.. Can someone fix this?

This new look of 1Password X doesn't support Custom Icons that you add in other 1Password apps, but we are working really hard to bring them back. Please stay tuned for future updates. :)

If you have other questions, feel free to raise them. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• harish_ravikumar
    harish_ravikumar
    Community Member

Many thanks @Greg for your prompt feedback.
    Looking forward to have the custom icons in X add-on.
    Have a good day!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@harish_ravikumar: You are very welcome! I am using 1Password X myself, so I am also looking forward to its updates. :chuffed:

Feel free to raise any questions with 1Password, if you have them. We are always here for you.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.