Chrome extension stops responding

This discussion was created from comments split from: Doesn't work. Chrome extension will not open..

Comments

• AustinDS
    AustinDS
    Community Member

I am having the same issue. My version is 4.7.4.90 and the name of the extension is "1Password extension (desktop app required)." Sometimes it works when I restart Chrome, but I can't keep doing that. Sometimes it doesn't work after a restart. Thoughts?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AustinDS,

Do you use any kind of AV/anti-malware software on your computer? Is this issue specific to Chrome or does it remain in Firefox as well? Please let us know.

Cheers,
    Greg

• AustinDS
    AustinDS
    Community Member

I don't and won't use Firefox. No AV/anti-malware. I use a Mac. Is that helpful?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@AustinDS: it is helpful, thank you! Can you also let us know what exact 1Password for Mac version you are running on your device?

• AustinDS
    AustinDS
    Community Member

Version 7.3

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@AustinDS: thank you! I cannot reproduce this here, so think at this point it would be useful to look at a diagnostic report from your Mac. Please generate one and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can take a closer look.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• AustinDS
    AustinDS
    Community Member

Step 6 on the link you sent above says "Attach the 1PasswordDiagnostics .zip file to an email to support@1password.com, write a description of the problem, then send it." Should I cc this email as well as to the one in your comment?

• AustinDS
    AustinDS
    Community Member

Also, when I click "show report in finder" it takes me to a folder with bunches of files. I don't know what to send you.

• AustinDS
    AustinDS
    Community Member

Ah! Sending the zip file.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@AustinDS - :) 👍

This discussion has been closed.