1Password Windows not showing attachments

Hi there,

I have 1P on Windows, Mac, iOS and Android, in this case using a Dropbox-sync'd vault.

For whatever reason, my attachments are not showing up in the 1P for Windows client. They show up fine on Mac, iPad and Android - I just double- and triple-checked. I have no idea why, as they showed up in 1Password 4 in the past. Please help?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Interesting. I just tapped the attachment in the Android app, and it popped up a window that said "An Error Occurred." I was hoping to save it to a Dropbox or OneDrive and get it on my Windows computer.

I did the same thing on my iPad, and was able to save the attachment to Dropbox (or wherever I wanted).

• bundtkatebundtkate

Team Member

Are you certain all of your devices are pointed to the same vault, @AgileByte? I'm wondering if perhaps your vault was converted by one of your apps and those reading the converted vault are the ones not able to access those attachments. If you tap Settings > Sync > Primary > Sync service, do you see an opvault at the end of the filepath under Dropbox or an agilekeychain?

• Yes, I double checked and it is an opvault sync file. I had to convert everything to opvault when I moved to 1Password 7 the first time, so all my old Dropbox vaults have been converted. The other ones were renamed something else when they were converted.

• bundtkatebundtkate

Team Member

Do you recall which app converted your vault, @AgileByte? You should still only have one OPVault per AgileKeychain you were previously using. Also, do you have multiple vaults in your apps and do you see this problem with all of these vaults or is it isolated to one?

• I would imagine the vaults were converted by a 1P for Mac desktop app.

I see this problem only on 1P for Windows. I am able to see the files on Android (but not retrieve them, see above), iOS (where I can retrieve them) and Mac desktop (v7, can also retrieve them).

I do believe Windows has multiple Dropbox vaults, because I log in with the Master Vault password which contains no items but 1P license keys (for v4-6) and use a different vault for all the relevant attachments discussed here (and which has a different vault password).

• bundtkatebundtkate

Team Member

I'm digging back in my memory a bit, but I want to say I've seen a similar issue with a Mac-converted vault before, @AgileByte, but at the time I'd seen just the one case so I didn't believe it was a systemic issue. I'll see if I can dig up that conversation and remind myself of what I found then. For now, could you give something a try for me? On your Mac, download one attachment you know is giving you problems on Windows. Delete the attachment from 1Password on your Mac, then re-upload/re-attach it to the same item. Check on your PC after if you're able to retrieve that one attachment after removing it and replacing it. Let me know what you find. :+1:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file